Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hugo Chavez a big hit at the U.N.

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Everybody loved his thoughtful and well-considered remarks.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/am.../20/chavez.un/
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Chavez drew tentative giggles at times from the audience, but also some applause when he called Bush the devil.
    A guess he was a big hit.

I mean he is THE worst President of this country in my lifetime and has nary a redeemable point on his Presidential resume. That and this Republican administration....well they are at least opposing Bush on some stuff lately.

I must say that if this were a Democratic congress and President, there would be calls for a change.

I can't wait.

Standing at the podium, Chavez quipped that a day after Bush's appearance: "In this very spot it smells like sulfur still."

I guess if Bush is President for a 3rd term the I'd really believe he is Darth Sidious.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 09-20-2006 at 10:06 PM.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    As regards Chavez's "sulpher-smell" remark, he seemed to have overlooked the fact Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, having spoken after Bush, had to be the source of the smell.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    As regards Chavez's "sulpher-smell" remark, he seemed to have overlooked the fact Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, having spoken after Bush, had to be the source of the smell.
    Fair point but that would be just underarms and nicotine. (BO and cigs)

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    Drug mafia bosses are what makes the U.N. soo colorful, when bush is just starting with his opium business in iraq, Hugo done similar things long time ago. You could say a nice fight between families. He said what everybody thinks, but well he has his own modern-wierd way of speaking soo everybody in usa understands.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    We really need an alternate fuel source me thinks pig shit ,sunflower seeds , solar what ever it takes . Let them trade their oil for Cuban cigars and Russian toilet paper . Why is it always the biggest complainer's have so much trouble in thier own backyard ?

I love this line :

U.S. says it won't address "comic-strip approach" to international affairs .
    Last edited by peat moss; 09-21-2006 at 02:59 AM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    We really need an alternate fuel source me thinks pig shit ,sunflower seeds , solar what ever it takes . Let them trade their oil for Cuban cigars and Russian toilet paper . Why is it always the biggest complainer's have so much trouble in thier own backyard ?

I love this line :

U.S. says it won't address "comic-strip approach" to international affairs .
    Venezuela's ethanol > USA's ethanol

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Just substitute [insert leaders name and country here] and all the speeches were more or less the same.

In future they should save time by just standing up and saying "I know You are but what am I"
    Last edited by vidcc; 09-21-2006 at 04:23 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Today on republican news fox news, Neil Cavuto used the infamous "I'm not saying just asking" tactic.

"Taking Cheap Oil From Hugo Chavez; Act of Treason?"

so poor people that can't afford heating oil are traitors if they buy it at discounted rates from Venezuela, yet not one word asking why patriotic US oil companies haven't done a thing to help the poor.

No mention of the offer from Chavez to donate 100 gallons of heating oil to 12,000 rural Alaskans either.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post

No mention of the offer from Chavez to donate 100 gallons of heating oil to 12,000 rural Alaskans either.
    Was it worth mentioning? What is that, like 10 ounces per person?

Does offering a tangible good make all the other, reprehensible parts of a person disappear?

Should we say the same about the Hezbollah who are handing out money to help the Lebanese rebuild?

All in the name of goodwill and all.

yo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast