Thread: Whats The Fastest Mpeg1/mpeg2 Encoder?

Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    Tmpgenc is just too slow for me, my crappy lil 500mhz needs more lol what truely is the fastest?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    i doubt one encoding program is going to be significantly faster than another just because it's more efficiently coded. that could make a difference, but prolly a very minor one compared to simply upgrading your CPU or reducing the encoding precision/quality. a 500mhz intel/amd processor running Windows just isn't going to encode really fast in any case. a 500mhz G4 Mac might be a bit faster.

if you're comfortable with Linux, i think you might be able to encode a bit faster under that OS since it has less background stuff dragging on the CPU. digital VCR machines like TiVo & Replay TV (and stand-alone DVD/DivX players) use stripped down versions of Linux because it uses the CPU more efficiently. otherwise, i think it's time to buy a faster CPU if you want to encode a lot of stuff.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    The time of encoding mainly matters on the quality of the film u are trying to encode. For example, if u are encoding a cam version of a movie it's going to go quick cause of the bad quality, now a DVD-rip on the other hand is going to require some time to encode because it has to keep that quality.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    quality doesnt bother me, what are the ideal settings to burn a tmd film to svcd and get all you can out of it?

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Well, just use the Wizard in tmpgenc and then encode the movie that way.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Originally posted by Bebi@25 September 2003 - 11:48
    Tmpgenc is just too slow for me, my crappy lil 500mhz needs more lol what truely is the fastest?
    once again i find my self saying check out main cancept encoder B)
    [COLOR=red] [SIZE=14]Doing it My Way Now

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Poster
    Dr DivX 1.02p... Dr DivX 1.02p
    Theres cracked versions floating round on bit-torrent, probably on Kazaa as well