Thread: seems like the new nzb generator is making errors

tshansen
    NewsBin 5.52 seems to find a error in the new generatet nzbs

[12:59:33] Level: HIGH MODULE=XML_Read, MSG=Bad XML Line: 1, Column: 30

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Link to NZB?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    exarmysgt
    Yeah, my first attempt with this new generator has resulted in the same thing. As a result, the download never starts as no list of files is populated in the que. I was thinking it was Astraweb so glad to know I'm not the only one with issues.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I'm working on this right now...

edit: I fixed this issue. It now appears to be working fine in NewsBin Pro, version 5.52 tested.

This program definitely seemed to be the most strict about how the NZBs are constructed.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    I'm getting an error from Agent v.4.2 that says that the NZB file contains no message header information.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by jmonroe View Post
    I'm getting an error from Agent v.4.2 that says that the NZB file contains no message header information.
    I just tested with Forte Agent 5.0 and it imported the NZB perfectly fine.

Can you tell me which NZB you downloaded specifically so I can test it myself?

edit: Forgot to mention I can't find Agent 4.2. It's pretty old that might be the problem... I'm wondering, can you even open binsearch NZBs with it?

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Yeah, it's looking like it's just this specific file. I randomly selected another and it worked perfectly. The link to the non-working .nzb is: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-mov...devise-351311/

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    OKAY this issue is now fixed as well.
    Was a problem with how it's creating the NZBs, once again.
    Similar to the major problem we had last night that affected every newsreader, this problem was affecting just newsbin pro and agent (probably others but not the major ones like grabit and newsleecher).

edit: Found an unrelated issue where the submit nzb script times out when submitting an NZB that contains just 1 file. Working on this now but it's not a major issue.

edit2: Fixed that issue as well.

Of course if anyone finds any more bugs let me know.