Thread: The Pirate Bay Gets an Anthem

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer

Swedish artist Montt Mardié creates “We’re All the Pirate Bay” for the BitTorrent tracker site, and users are encouraged to remix the song, or make your own video for it.

Support for Swedish BitTorrent tracker site the Pirate Bay continues to grow after its conviction last month for the facilitation of copyright infringement. The trial has already led to the surging popularity of The Pirate Party, which is now expected to pick up 2 seats in the EU Parliament.

Capturing this swelling support is Swedish artist Montt Mardié who has created a theme song, an a anthem if you will, called “We’re All the Pirate Bay.”

He furthers:

An artist has got to make a living just like everybody else, there’s no doubt about it. And these are tough times, believe me I know. The thing is though, if I were to go back in time, 10 years or so, and tell the 15-year-old version of myself that over a night, 60 000 people had heard one of my songs, the first question I’d throw back at myself wouldn’t be “how much money did I make?”.

Don’t get me wrong, I love money and I want to make a lot of it. Bathe in it just like Uncle Scrooge. But money isn’t the main reason why I write songs. First and foremost I want people to hear them.

Times are so strange at the moment and a lot of people are angry and upset. Still, for each day that goes by I get more and more convinced that we shouldn’t try to fight the future, we should embrace it. Try to see opportunities instead of catastrophys.

I’ve written a song. I call it “We’re All The Pirate Bay”. It’s free and nobody will ever have to pay for it, though if you insist you are welcome to make a donation!

Take care, Monty

Source: TPB Anthem Download Link: Montt Mardie - We Are All The Pirate Bay
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 05-18-2009 at 07:29 PM.

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    They should have just pirated Klaus Badelt's "He's a pirate" (Pirates of the Caribbean main theme), can't top that one.

P.S.: Pirates of the Caribbean should be free leech on every respectable torrent tracker.

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    VinX's Avatar ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ BT Rep: +5
    uhh . i posted about the anthem too

here