Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Operating System Not Found

Ok. I know ur tired of me sending this message and personally, I am 2. But i was without internet for like 5 days so i need help. If you can't help me, I'll try calling acomputer store.

Ok Balamn...... what is the difference between the boot disk and a startup disk. will a start up disk work better than a boot?

for those who don't know.... My laptop says Operating System not found when i turn it on. I can't do anything with it ( I can't even type in it just u can use the keys in BIOS). I tried Boot Disks and CD's but no hope. Can anyone help me.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    You need to reinstall windows becuase you deleted it somehow. (mabey you went to format you hdd)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    It won't give me the C: Prompt to do any of that. It just goes straight to Operating System Not Found and it won't let me press anything. I was to told to try to install dos.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    PAiNKiLLER
    No, he can't reinstall windows. Go to bios setup n u'll see that no hard disk is there. So u need to check the wire that r connecting ur hard disk to ur mother board...

Connect those properly n see whether ur hard disk there in bios setup or not. If it is there then try to run ur computer normally n after that if it doesn't work, reinstall windows...

Image Resized

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Do you have a Windows cdrom? If so you can boot from that and reinstall your OS.

You'll need to go into your computers bios. This is usually done by holding down the delete (not backspace) key when you turn on your computer. In the bios, find an option that says boot from first device> Choose CDRom. Save changes and restart(usually F10).

Now with your Windows CDRom in the drive, it should begin to install windows. You may be given the option to repair windows, if you've anything in particular that you would like to save on your computer the choose this. If not then reformat then install Windows.

EDIT
    Originally posted by fr600@ 25 September 2003 - 21:35
    Go to bios setup n u'll see that no hard disk is there. So u need to check the wire that r connecting ur hard disk to ur mother board...
    It's a laptop, so you shouldn't need to check wiring. Although, yes, while in bios check that your hard drive is detected.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I've tried that. I was told to install DOS. I think that my Wire did come out from the hard drive. BUt i don't know where to open up my laptop to find out. So...any other ideas.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Goto bootdisk.com and download the correct bootdisk for your operating system.
    Execute the file and it will make a floppy bootdisk for you.
    Insert the floppy into the lappy and turn it on. (bios needs to be set to boot from floppy first) and yes even with no operating system you are still able to get into your bios, its just a matter of knowing the correct key. (F12; Delete button or something like that)

When your lappy boots with the floppy, select the option to install support for cd roms and hit enter. When its finished loading the drivers and you are back to the A: type either setup or autoexec (make sure your cd is in the drive first)

If all goes well it should boot the cd and start the installation process.

Also HERE is a site that may also help.

Hope this helps,
    Steve

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    PAiNKiLLER
    Don't try to check the wire if its a laptop. Take it to a computer store...

Image Resized

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    All you need is the disc inside to install windows, dont install it in dos mode.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by fr600@25 September 2003 - 13:49
    Don't try to check the wire if its a laptop. Take it to a computer store...
    No is say there's no OS found. That means theres a hard drive butit cant find the OS.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast