Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Feral Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Affinity
    Is it possible to change the limit manually? As I said, I'm not out to hog resources, but wouldn't it be possible for you to put out a global connection limit and then let the users decide how they want to distribute them? I'd prefer running a single torrent with 50 or maybe even up to 100 peers than a whole bunch of torrents with 20 peers each.
    Ahh, well in that case, edit your ~/.rtorrent.rc file and restart rtorrent. You're wanting to change the values "max_peers" and "max_peers_seed".

Quote Originally Posted by Affinity
    Also, do you offer RSS support (in form of RSSDler or similar) ? I added an RSS feed to the webGUI of rtorrent, but apparantly it is simply an RSS-reader which displays new torrents.
    The RSS feeds in wtorrent are a bit useless. There is also a lot of information on our internal FAQ pages, under software there is quite a good guide on setting RSS up properly: https://www.feralhosting.com/manager...ew?question=23

On a side-note, finally got through plenty of new servers I've been waiting on. You can see the plans page telling you how many slots there are that will be set up in 15 minutes!

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Finally got a box from them and am relatively satisfied. On the Power Plan (160gb storage gigabit for $25/month)

Down speeds go from 2-7MB/s. Up speeds on a somewhat active torrent is between 1-2.5MB/s. Tried a speed test on the FTP to wget a file from another server and that averaged at about 9MB/s.

I really like the fact that they have an active IRC channel, with staff there to help if needed.
    Last edited by oklahomasucks; 08-12-2009 at 09:31 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    My setup time was 10 minutes:
    Ordered at: Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 11:40 AM
    System ready at: Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Rock steady server and up/down speeds.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    b4ckl4sh
    I tried them out for a month. They weren't for me, since they didn't allow any additional program installations outside of what came with the server. Other than that, speeds were decent and so was support. I'd recommend them if you're just looking to torrent and willing to use their software package.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    For price Ferahosting offers it's best seedbox I have got till this day! Using 10 GBP Space Plan.First week speeds was not that great, but then they slowly picked up and now it's averega 10-30 MB/s down speed and same with uploud.Best results was like 50 MB/s UP/ 55 MB/s DOWN simultaneously couple of days ago. Depends how many active users are on your server.Many people are using like couple of torrents of week, others like evertything that comes.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    cabala
    @Lemon

Are you planning to offer rTorrent+ruTorrent anytime in the future?

I am really not a fan of wTorrent but like the look of your seedbox deals.

EDIT: found it in the FAQs. I got a feral box just after posting this and received it within 10 minutes
    Last edited by cabala; 10-07-2009 at 12:32 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Poster
    thats already been available for a while

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    n00b
    I setup with feral hosting a little while ago and I've been really happy with their service. My torrents d/l fast and they seed fast as well. the gui's can get slow at times but thats only if you have a ton of trackers and a crappy connection... or it could just be raining out side.

I'm on the edge of getting another account with them. Had to do some car maint. so we shall see next week.

Here is a screen shot of the fastest speeds I was able to get from them.

Last edited by bluepixie; 09-26-2009 at 03:38 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    i've had a feral box for about 2wks now and im not that happy with their service. First of all, their upload is capped to 3MB/s on my box so the minimum is the max for me and my server keeps running out of ram, torrents just crawl to a stop... this is with about ~40-50 torrents running... ridiculous

also, rtorrent was meant to be upgraded from 0.8.4 -> 0.8.5 which hasn't been done because of 'compiling' errors on debian ...

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by sabre View Post
    this is with about ~40-50 torrents running... ridiculous
    What's the specification of the box? 40-50 active torrents is a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by sabre View Post
    also, rtorrent was meant to be upgraded from 0.8.4 -> 0.8.5 which hasn't been done because of 'compiling' errors on debian ...
    I'm kind so here's a hint: Tell him to use SVN.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast