Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: British MP's

  1. #1
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Newcasil
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,076
    I take it we're just gonna wait for all of the dirt to hit before we piss ourselves laughing at the Greedy, Hypocritical Bastards?

    An It Harm None, Do What You Will

  2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    30,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced View Post
    I take it we're just gonna wait for all of the dirt to hit before we piss ourselves laughing at the Greedy, Hypocritical Bastards?
    It is just a smoke screen to stop you thinking how much the bankers have cost the country. All the money 'swindled' by the MP's would not add up to the pay off that Fred Goodwin got.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

  3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Newcasil
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,076
    I wasn't talking about a serious debate about something we all knew (Politicians are generally corrupt and on the take).. just the general laughter at the sheer number that are so inept as to get caught through using their own legislation.

    An It Harm None, Do What You Will

  4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Over here!
    Posts
    19,631
    My favourite is the one about Alistair Darling claiming for an accountant to help with his tax returns.

  5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    The Balence
    Posts
    1,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    My favourite is the one about Alistair Darling claiming for an accountant to help with his tax returns.
    I'd like to see someone shave those black eyebrows off Alistair Darling, replace them with remote control eyebrows.
    So when someone say Alistair Darling they move up and down, or Is that a touch Monty Python

  6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    30,399
    I like the one of the House Of Commons Barman saying " Come on you lot. have you no second homes to go to?"
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

  7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Ah, yer pols are a bunch of lightweights and you know it.

    Our garden-variety Democrats and Republicans sneer; Nazi Pelosi probably couldn't find Blighty on a map.

    You are lucky to live in Oldfloatyunsinkableland.
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Newcasil
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,076
    Ah Kev,

    You miss the point.

    American Politicians wear their price on their lapels, but the British Civil Service Code (which our Politicians are supposed to follow too, not just us plebs) states that we must not only be honest, but above suspicion. As Politicians in the world go, the British were considered almost sacrosanct and above reproach. One or Two getting caught in one scandel or another, obviously but in the main very Honest.

    Of course they've been on the take for years.. but frankly, a couple of dodgy bus tickets would have taken them down once.

    It's such a breath of fresh air when the Public see what the Civil Service has had to keep stum about for years...without one or more of us going to Jail as a result of it.

    Whistle Blowing on the politicians is a risky business at best

    An It Harm None, Do What You Will

  9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced View Post
    Ah Kev,

    You miss the point.

    American Politicians wear their price on their lapels, but the British Civil Service Code (which our Politicians are supposed to follow too, not just us plebs) states that we must not only be honest, but above suspicion. As Politicians in the world go, the British were considered almost sacrosanct and above reproach. One or Two getting caught in one scandel or another, obviously but in the main very Honest.

    Of course they've been on the take for years.. but frankly, a couple of dodgy bus tickets would have taken them down once.

    It's such a breath of fresh air when the Public see what the Civil Service has had to keep stum about for years...without one or more of us going to Jail as a result of it.

    Whistle Blowing on the politicians is a risky business at best
    I miss the point?

    Your pols are human like ours?

    I remember a similar conversation about ole' Auntie Beeb...she was on the square because she was mandated to be.

    A bit of a larf, and the same with your MPs.

    That they could manage it so comprehensively (that is to say, without the price tags) is a tribute to overweening greed.

    As to appearances before the world, western politicians aren't much different from the types permeating the ranks of the UN, whose machinations are legendary and legion.

    I doubt they differentiate between American or British species.
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Addicted to placebos
    Posts
    17,511
    I don't think the abuse of the possessive apostrophe was necessary. MPs.


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •