Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Suing Riaa (k-lite Involved)

  1. #1
    Turning the tables on record labels, makers of the most popular file-sharing network are suing the companies for copyright infringement. Sharman Networks, the company behind the KaZaA file-sharing software, filed a federal lawsuit on Monday accusing the labels of using unauthorized versions of its software in their efforts to snoop out users.

    Sharman said the companies used KaZaA Lite, an ad-less replica of its software, to get onto the network. The lawsuit also claims efforts to combat piracy on KaZaA violated terms for using the network. Labels have allegedly offered bogus versions of copyrighted works and sent online messages to users.
    VERY suspicious!

  2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,605
    Originally posted by ghettoprep@25 September 2003 - 19:38
    Turning the tables on record labels, makers of the most popular file-sharing network are suing the companies for copyright infringement. Sharman Networks, the company behind the KaZaA file-sharing software, filed a federal lawsuit on Monday accusing the labels of using unauthorized versions of its software in their efforts to snoop out users.

    Sharman said the companies used KaZaA Lite, an ad-less replica of its software, to get onto the network. The lawsuit also claims efforts to combat piracy on KaZaA violated terms for using the network. Labels have allegedly offered bogus versions of copyrighted works and sent online messages to users.
    VERY suspicious!
    this is for kite questions please post in the right area

  3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+26 September 2003 - 00:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN @ 26 September 2003 - 00:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ghettoprep@25 September 2003 - 19:38
    Turning the tables on record labels, makers of the most popular file-sharing network are suing the companies for copyright infringement. Sharman Networks, the company behind the KaZaA file-sharing software, filed a federal lawsuit on Monday accusing the labels of using unauthorized versions of its software in their efforts to snoop out users.

    Sharman said the companies used KaZaA Lite, an ad-less replica of its software, to get onto the network. The lawsuit also claims efforts to combat piracy on KaZaA violated terms for using the network. Labels have allegedly offered bogus versions of copyrighted works and sent online messages to users.
    VERY suspicious&#33;
    this is for kite questions please post in the right area [/b][/quote]
    Like where?

  4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,605
    Originally posted by ghettoprep+25 September 2003 - 19:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ghettoprep @ 25 September 2003 - 19:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@26 September 2003 - 00:43
    <!--QuoteBegin-ghettoprep
    @25 September 2003 - 19:38
    Turning the tables on record labels, makers of the most popular file-sharing network are suing the companies for copyright infringement. Sharman Networks, the company behind the KaZaA file-sharing software, filed a federal lawsuit on Monday accusing the labels of using unauthorized versions of its software in their efforts to snoop out users.

    Sharman said the companies used KaZaA Lite, an ad-less replica of its software, to get onto the network. The lawsuit also claims efforts to combat piracy on KaZaA violated terms for using the network. Labels have allegedly offered bogus versions of copyrighted works and sent online messages to users.
    VERY suspicious&#33;

    this is for kite questions please post in the right area
    Like where? [/b][/quote]
    like here

  5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Awww, look at the pretty boxes...

    Anyway, it seems sort of weird--the maker of the premeir file sharing program that shares, by and large, illegal things suing a law enforcement agency thats trying to stop it doing so, because they say that the law enforcement agency is doing illegal things.....definatly a condradiction, and very strange.

    Ah well, it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

  6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,605
    Originally posted by Duke33@25 September 2003 - 22:14
    Awww, look at the pretty boxes...

    Anyway, it seems sort of weird--the maker of the premeir file sharing program that shares, by and large, illegal things suing a law enforcement agency thats trying to stop it doing so, because they say that the law enforcement agency is doing illegal things.....definatly a condradiction, and very strange.

    Ah well, it will be interesting to see how it plays out.
    again this is not the right area for this

  7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Forum Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    1,407
    Off-topic:

    It is not needed to quote if you are replying to the post right above you.

    Not quoting makes reading topics much easier.

  8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Indeed it does.

    Muscleman, I see that this is in the wrong forum, yes, but i am just commenting. The crime, as you see it, has been done, and i am just saying something about it. Sorry if you&#39;re offended.

  9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by Duke33@26 September 2003 - 15:40
    Indeed it does.

    Muscleman, I see that this is in the wrong forum, yes, but i am just commenting. The crime, as you see it, has been done, and i am just saying something about it. Sorry if you&#39;re offended.
    it sure does
    I have Mordens Audio Hack PLEZ stop emailing me

  10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Didn&#39;t somone post the a few days ago?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •