Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV Shows - *Staying* & #Leaving#

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Shows that will be back

FOX: 24, American Dad, American Idol, America's Most Wanted, Bones, Cops, Dollhouse, Family Guy (of fracking course!), Fringe, Glee, House, Kitchen Nightmares, Lie to Me, The Simpsons, So You Think You Can Dance, and 'Til Death.

ABC: 20/20, America's Funniest Home Videos, The Bachelor, Better Off Ted, Brothers & Sisters, Castle, Dancing with the Stars, Desperate Housewives, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Grey's Anatomy, Lost, Private Practice, Scrubs, Supernanny, True Beauty, Ugly Betty, and Wife Swap.

CBS: 48 Hours, 60 Minutes, The Amazing Race, The Big Bang Theory, Cold Case, Criminal Minds, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, CSI: Miami, CSI: NY, Flashpoint, Gary Unmarried, Ghost Whisperer, How I Met Your Mother, Medium, The Mentalist, NCIS, The New Adventures of New Christine, Numb3rs, Rules of Engagement, Survivor, and Two and a Half Men.

And the shows that won't be...

FOX:
    Do Not Disturb, Hole in the Wall, MADtv, Osbournes: Reloaded, Prison Break, Secret Millionaire Sit Down, Shut Up and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

ABC:
    According to Jim, Boston Legal, Cupid, Dirty Sexy Money, Eli Stone, Homeland Security USA, In the Motherhood, Life on Mars, Opportunity Knocks, Pushing Daisies, Samantha Who?, and The Unusuals

CBS:
    Eleventh Hour, The Ex List, Game Show in My Head, Harper's Island, Swingtown, The Unit, Without a Trace, and Worst Week

Source: [http://tvseriesfinale.com/]TV Series Finale[/url] and [http://www.sharereactor.com]ShareReactor[/url]

Fecking sucks Terminator is leaving, maybe some oddball network will pick it up....
    [center]

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    I can't believe they didn't renew Terminator! I mean Dollhouse had worse rating and they gave it a new season. That's just lame and stupid!

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Shorter list : shows that should be back.

FOX: Bones, Dollhouse (don't especially like it but it's got potential), Family Guy , Fringe, Glee, House.

ABC: Better Off Ted, Lost, Scrubs.

CBS: 60 Minutes, The Big Bang Theory, Flashpoint .

FOX:
    Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

ABC: Eli Stone, Life on Mars (but I really ,really,really hated the finale), , Pushing Daisies.

CBS:
    The Unit.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Of the above, I really couldn't care less what comes back except for Lost and Terminator.

Terminator got increasingly experimental and clever and it disappoints me to see it fall by the wayside. Having said that, they made a fucking grievous error in placing John Connor in the future in the recent finale.

Oh and Prison Break has to be one of the worst shows of all time. The first 12 epidoes were pretty fine, but that ran outta steam and turned to turds quick as fuck, like. Due to OCD, I had to watch the shite play out to the bitter end and Christ! was I sorry I did!!

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I agree about Terminator.The first season sucked pretty badly because it was just more of the same.The second season was much much better. Uneven yes but at least they explored some possibles and took some chances ( and who would have thunk that old David Silver would turn out to be a character worth remembering).

I thought that the culmination of the Reese /Jesse arc was some of the finest TV that I witnessed all season.The series finale unfortunately not so much.

Luckily I only watched the first season and a bit of Prison Break.I did tune in for the last handful of episodes though.Ending left me feeling a bit betrayed.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 05-26-2009 at 10:23 PM.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    About time Prison Break was done for, after it milked dry and debased into a joke this season. Quit watching when they had that retarded tech device that downloaded tons of stuff off of the computer but coincidentally only got half of the email they needed.

Watched the first season of Sarah Connor but couldn't be bothered with the second. Too bad for the series though, it's something I would contemplate catching up on in the distant future if I regained interest but nothing I'd think twice about.

It's a bummer about Pushing Daisies though. I mean they coulda fixed up the annoying narrative and it'd be a decent show compared to CSI, Grey's, 24, and all that lame drama junk out there.

The worst cancellation ever for me was Arrested Development, and there hasn't been a show like that one since..

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Pushing Daises was good. So was Eli Stone. How do those get cut and The Simpsons is still on?

I was glad to see Gary Unmarried is returning as well.

yo

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    They cut Reaper, now that's some bull. Yeah Prison Break is done, how many seasons can you seriously make about breaking out of jail? The one I'm most disappointed with is the TSCC...sad sad, it was coming along so nicely.
    [center]

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    SelfMadeMMAn's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    They canceled The Unit, which is horrid. Seasons 1-3 were great, the first half of season 4 blew chunks, but, after Haney returned to consulting season 4 started to pick up. I was looking forward to a season 5, but they must have known, they wrapped it up well except for the Molly thing

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Futurama got picked back up, to start airing in mid-2010.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast