Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cooking/home improvement

Crowley's Avatar n00b
    I think you can succeed if you put enough effort into it.

Create a ripping groups. One that will be ripping TV show episodes regarding home improvement/cooking and second that will be scanning exclusive recipe books this way you will have exclusive content on your website. Do not rely on already existing stuff as it will make your tracker merely noticeable.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Excellent idea - specially in a world populated by so many general.0day trackers. Once you launch the site let us know if you want us to publish an article on our blog.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Good luck with this, and remember that you will most likely have to pay for the costs every single month, and won't be able to rely on members to do that, especially upon startup. Could be a big investment on your part with no monetary returns or even enough donations to break even ever. Although you've probably already planned this out seeing as you've started to code it.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Niche Trackers FTW!
    as TSOL just said, be prepared to pay and look after the finances of your tracker for at least a few months.There are so many new trackers opening up everyday, but you could try and have an edge over them by getting some exclusive content. In all probability, that should be enough to attract prospective members who may later choose to support your tracker as well.
    Moreover, presence of 50 odd torrents on a newly opened tracker definitely increases its chances of meeting an untimely demise.I would suggest you to start looking for passionate and dedicated uploaders to help you with the content before you open up to BT users.

All the best in this endeavor of yours.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    seriously, who the hell would be interested in a cooking tracker ?
    did you ever think about what fringe of the population were actually using private trackers ?
    be realistic...
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    I like the idea of the home improvement.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    seriously, who the hell would be interested in a cooking tracker ?
    did you ever think about what fringe of the population were actually using private trackers ?
    be realistic...
    Haha yeah that's what I thought, and was why I was saying he might not ever break even on the monthly bills
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 05-26-2009 at 05:57 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    well you never know. Different things appeal to different people.
    This might click with stay-at-home republican housewives.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I think if he expands the tracker categories to include stuff you see in MAKE magazine, etc. it could work out quite well. Not just a cooking tracker, but an all-encompassing DIY tracker. Electronics stuff, wood-working, and things like that.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellar View Post
    I think if he expands the tracker categories to include stuff you see in MAKE magazine, etc. it could work out quite well. Not just a cooking tracker, but an all-encompassing DIY tracker. Electronics stuff, wood-working, and things like that.
    Yeah, that could work out very well. Towards the end, its just about improvisation and adding categories (With Content ofc) which are almost non existent at other places.
    A lot of hard work in terms of organization and content management would be required to make this tracker successful especially considering the niche its trying to fill up.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast