Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: news readers

kidquick
    I use alt binz. Have been for years. Still use version .25. Is there a better program to use? If so what? And Why? Thanks

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I think Alt.Binz is the bomb.

I used to use stolen copies of the more up to date version that donators have available but I never utilized any of the extra features so I no longer bother with it.

A lot of people like Newsleecher but personally I think its awful. Of the more popular four clients, I would only use Newsleecher if all other options were not available.

Grabit is solid, but the amount of features are limited.

Newzbin (and NB Pro) are solid as well but I feel that client caters a bit more to a different audience.

yo

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    I prefer Newsleecher

Skiz your forgetting one very good client...might I mention "freeware" and has all kinds of scripts for all kinds of crap...that worps my fagile little mind

SABnzbd
    http://www.sabnzbd.org/
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 05-26-2009 at 04:48 AM.
    [center]

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    manu1991's Avatar Ancient Philospher BT Rep: +3
    SABnzbd works great for me

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    Skiz your forgetting one very good client...might I mention "freeware" and has all kinds of scripts for all kinds of crap...
    There are loads more, but the four I mentioned are the only ones I've tried and can comment on.

yo

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    I use SABnzbd extensively and I am testing the 0.5 alpha version and it is remarkable for what it does as a open source program. Further it works on all major platforms.

It focuses only on nzb files, but it does it very well.

thadiyan
    Last edited by thadiyan; 05-26-2009 at 01:20 PM.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    newsgroupie
    Lately I've beeen using Usenet Explorer ( http://www.netwu.com/ue/ ) it does everything; works as both a newsreader and binary grabber.

It's completely portable, and does not need to be "installed" and does not write to the registry. Usenet Explorer is the only newsreader that fully supports compressed headers on all the major NSPs that offer this feature - and the developer has spent the last several weeks working with the NSP admins perfecting this. (Newsbin Pro supports compressed headers on Astraweb only, I believe)

In addition, UE's trial can be used multiple times if desired (without having to scrub the registry)

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Yeah, but, their is no working crack for it, I've made requests after requests to the scene for it and none wants to do it....never the less, it still awaits on the craktro.
    [center]

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    What is the best

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    It depends on who you ask, I think Newsleecher, Newsbin Pro, and SABnzbd are the best, Usenet Explorer and Alt.binz are right up there too...and so is Grabit...just search them in google or here (nzb section) and give them a a try, there technically NO BEST since everyone will give you a different answer
    [center]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast