Thread: Evil Dead File Heads Up

I was downloading what seemed to be a great copy of Evil Dead, probably a rip, that I had previewed early in the download.

All seemed fine so I continued to download to 90% finished before deciding to watch some of it.

Well after AVI Preview finished, it showed only about 8 minutes worth.

Someone released what seems to be a file with movie-length data but only ~15 minutes worth of the movie.

Oh well. Back to searching. The first copy I tried the audio and video were out of sync.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    AVI doesn't always give you exactly the data you have dled so far.
    It, more often than not, gives you a PREVIEW.
    I suggest you finish dling it and see if you've got the whole file.
    I suspect you will.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Chalice is right. Don't place too much faith in Avipreview. Just use it to check if you are downloading the correct movie and not a fake one. Don't trust it for other things, because it happend to me also. You've downloaded about half the movie and avipreview just gives you about two minutes worth of previewing. I even had previews where the audio and video were absolutely not in sync. The sound was off like about 5 seconds, but after downloading the whole file the movie was perfect. So just use it to scan for fakes and not for anything else.

Greetz, D!mensio_x.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    u sud also use another handy tool called KaZaA Preview Extractor, this lets u view how much u have downloaded IE if u have download 300mb's of a movie then u can watch the 300mb's of the movie ( hope that makes Sense )

I got my copy of Evil Dead of Kazaa with no touble at all

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    I think I know what the problem is. Avi Preview only shows up to the first unreadable section of the file. So if it were corrupted in transfer, it would only preview up to the corrupted spot. Using any other previewer would probably let you see the rest of what's downloaded. As for the corrupted section, you can redownload it with KCF once the file completes (that is, if you didn't cancel it).
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.