Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Reinstall Or Reformatt 3-12x A

zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Some people reformatt or reinstall their OS all the time. I see them saying just formatted so.... My computer is running well. And I haven't reformatted or reinstalled in over 18 months. Here's how I managed.
    Ever since I got a spare HDD, I Ghost it every 2 to 5 wks. A couple times I was so tired or tweaked on coffee, I shouldn't have been fn with my computer. Ghost literally saved me weeks of time. It takes 30 minutes to Ghost my HDD vs weeks if I f it up. In fact when I got rid of NIS (replaced with Sygate PF Pro 5.1) & NSW (now NOD32 as resident & KAV Pro 4.5 as non-resident) the only 2 Norton products I kept were Ghost & Utilities.
    Are you a masochist or is it just for fun?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    Originally posted by zapjb@26 September 2003 - 05:54
    Some people reformatt or reinstall their OS all the time. I see them saying just formatted so.... My computer is running well. And I haven't reformatted or reinstalled in over 18 months. Here's how I managed.
    Ever since I got a spare HDD, I Ghost it every 2 to 5 wks. A couple times I was so tired or tweaked on coffee, I shouldn't have been fn with my computer. Ghost literally saved me weeks of time. It takes 30 minutes to Ghost my HDD vs weeks if I f it up. In fact when I got rid of NIS (replaced with Sygate PF Pro 5.1) & NSW (now NOD32 as resident & KAV Pro 4.5 as non-resident) the only 2 Norton products I kept were Ghost & Utilities.
    lot of people don't evern know about ghost boss

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    SniperInTheShadows's Avatar Poster
    I used to reformat more than 12 time's a year, as I enjoyed having a totaly fresh installation of Window's (plus it was fun reinstalling and also I enjoyed messing with setting's etc to find out what did what lol), but since I got my new HD i've got Window's installed on old HD and use the new one for program's and download's etc and haven't reinstalled since (about 3/4 month's now!! Record for me!! lol) :-)

Most people do it due to virus' or other problem's that they just can't fix any other way though i'd imagine, whilst the rest are possibly a bit like me and like a fresh install or just enjoy doing it :-)

Sniper.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Most people do it due to virus' or other problem's that they just can't fix any other way though i'd imagine, whilst the rest are possibly a bit like me and like a fresh install or just enjoy doing it
    thank god iam not the only 1

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I guess I just don't get it. When Norton Ghost & other programs make it so easy.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    YEAH BABY i`m a masochist

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    i sue drive image and back up about once a month and it only takes like 10 mins to make a image and about 5 to replace it. easy shit for me! drive image or norton ghost which is better?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I'm seeing it again. People will just reformat at the first inconvenience. Ridiculous imo.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    I dont' really like doing it very often...but sometimes I just do.
    Like when I got my extra Hard Drive that I wanted to use to install all my games on...it was easier than uninstalling the old ones from C:, and reinstalling..then all the defragmenting...
    Just reformat. I would use ghost...but I don't have a spare drive to keep the image on.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    BANNED
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+26 September 2003 - 10:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN @ 26 September 2003 - 10:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-zapjb@26 September 2003 - 05:54
    Some people reformatt or reinstall their OS all the time. I see them saying just formatted so.... My computer is running well. And I haven&#39;t reformatted or reinstalled in over 18 months. Here&#39;s how I managed.
    Ever since I got a spare HDD, I Ghost it every 2 to 5 wks. A couple times I was so tired or tweaked on coffee, I shouldn&#39;t have been fn with my computer. Ghost literally saved me weeks of time. It takes 30 minutes to Ghost my HDD vs weeks if I f it up. In fact when I got rid of NIS (replaced with Sygate PF Pro 5.1) & NSW (now NOD32 as resident & KAV Pro 4.5 as non-resident) the only 2 Norton products I kept were Ghost & Utilities.
    lot of people don&#39;t evern know about ghost boss [/b][/quote]
    *OR* dont have another drive

DWk

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast