Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Interpretion Of God Al Mighty?

Poster
    I apologise in advance for this :

Recompensation - is that a word.

Can a company file for bankruptcy, I thought that was an individual.

However I am from the UK so words may mean different things to you than they do to me..

Seriously tho' I agree that file sharing is legally wrong, that is an absolute and not open to debate. However I remain of the opinion that the ethical issue is not as black and white as you paint it.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@27 September 2003 - 16:34
    Sorry NaCl,

Let me refine your quote some more.

What evidence is there that he is "good"? Just as likely, he is an indifferent creator.
    Well, I am agnostic so i was just playing around with Godly philosophy.

But I DO believe that if there is a God, we should choose our own way of worshipping it, because the curent ways of worship have been distorted by translating bibles into different languages and by hidden agendas of ancient priests.

And JPaul, yes I am a chem student, and I believe that the holy trinity is the proton, the neutron, and the electron If God exists, then atoms are the essense of god's creative powers, and the sub-subatomic particles (muons, gluons, quarks, whatever) are the god's true laws manifested into physical reality.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Poster
    Anyone here a jew?I'd like to hear your opinion,and btw christianity is not the only religion,if christianity is not right for you then go search for another religion lah,If religion is bull and if you're saying that one only must have faith in God,are you saying that God sent us down without any guidance?And then He punishes us for what we don't know,if that is true ,then God does'nt sound Just now does He?For that can't be true as God is Perfect in All ways

Peace May We find Him in our hearts

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by human_pet@27 September 2003 - 17:03
    If religion is bull and if you're saying that one only must have faith in God,are you saying that God sent us down without any guidance?
    Of course we have guidance. The wisdom lies in the religious texts. However, leaders sometimes bend the rules and make it sound like God is on their side (muslim extremists, fundamentalists, etc...). The religious texts are ONLY a source of wisdom. A set of rules to follow to lead a good and healthy life.

Why can't the jews eat pork? Because when the bible was concieved, the methods of preservation were almost nil. Sure, they put salt on the meat, but they didnt have refrigeration or modern preservatives, and they didnt know how hot to cook the meat to kill all the bad stuff. Therefore "god" told the people not to eat pork. Nowadays pork is much safer, but it still can be deadly if not prepared right (in 3rd world countries for example). Jews not being allowed to eat pork is in the bible because abstaining from pork consumption was good wisdom back then.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Originally posted by JPaul@28 September 2003 - 00:37
    I apologise in advance for this :

Recompensation - is that a word.

Can a company file for bankruptcy, I thought that was an individual.

However I am from the UK so words may mean different things to you than they do to me..

Seriously tho' I agree that file sharing is legally wrong, that is an absolute and not open to debate. However I remain of the opinion that the ethical issue is not as black and white as you paint it.
    Tactics, JP? God doesn't like tactics.

Why are you entitled to movies, music, and games at no expense while those who create them, in hopes of making a living, get no compensation.

Hard work without compensation, leads to decompensation (see definition 2 below), for which the treatment is recompensation- was that too difficult?

Back on track, I think it IS that simple.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    you know recompensation and decompensation are both words

decompensation.

Medicine. Failure of the heart to maintain adequate blood circulation, marked by labored breathing, engorged blood vessels, and edema.
    Psychology. The inability to maintain defense mechanisms in response to stress, resulting in personality disturbance or psychological imbalance.

recompensation

1. Recompense. [Obs.]
    2. (Scots Law) Used to denote a case where a set-off pleaded by the defendant is met by a set-off pleaded by the plaintiff.

JPaul I can't believe you missed the scottish law one

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I dont think he will reply ILW if you have proved him in error! I'm Just trying to start something.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    @ Human Pet,

Although I do not believe in your religion, I think your posts indicate that a true person of Islam is about peace and love, which is all we can hope for any individual.

I am an agnostic.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Poster
    Originally posted by bigboab@28 September 2003 - 02:45
    I dont think he will reply ILW if you have proved him in error! I'm Just trying to start something.
    What error old bean, I merely asked if recompensation was a word. The chap has pointed out that recompense is a word, so it seems to follow naturaly that recompensation would also be one. My knowledge of the language is not sufficiently developed to confirm the position either way, however for the purposes of the discussion it is easier to just accept it and move on. Some people tchh.

Hobbes - an agnostic. I had you marked down as an atheist, flippin heck it shows just how little we know each other.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@28 September 2003 - 08:56
    @ Human Pet,

Although I do not believe in your religion, I think your posts indicate that a true person of Islam is about peace and love, which is all we can hope for any individual.

I am an agnostic.
    and justice too,one can't have peace without justice btw still waiting for a jew to reply here want to know about their religion from their point of view...

Salam/peace

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast