Thread: Xp Language

Poster
    Hi to all, I,m an Aussie who lives in Germany, Ive Had to install XP German to be able to connect to t-online overhere as I tried with my english OS XP pro many times till I spoke to a load of ISP's overhere in Germany, So to cut it short I have to have XP German OS to go online which sucks big style. So the Question is I now have XP in german and can't read a bloody thing and I don't mean on the web !! I mean the OS is all German and as I don't understand the Language yet and it will take years too. Does any one know if you can change all the general dispalys into English ? And yes Im not to hopefull for the answer and I know I could have my english version on another PC but I don't have one Thans for any help in this German world !!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I don't know if you can change the language after you have installed the OS ( although, no doubt some clever chap will come along and prove me wrong...), but you could always set your machine up to dual boot and have an English version as your second choice. I would imagine that a little time spent comparing the two side by side would speed up your German language familiarity quite a bit.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    control panel > regional & languages > languages> details>add

edit: :-"

edit2: also i do not see why u have to install a german os to connect to the net. i know the phone system may be different but im sure u can tell xp where u are and it connects dif,

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    See?

Livy would be the clever chap I was talking about...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Livy@26 September 2003 - 15:41
    control panel > regional & languages > languages> details>add

edit: :-"

edit2: also i do not see why u have to install a german os to connect to the net. i know the phone system may be different but im sure u can tell xp where u are and it connects dif,
    Ive played around with all the settings here they are for keyboards and for loading software in english which is easy enough done Thanks anyhow Cheers!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    It doesn't sound too good
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_...Q_20716778.html

You may have to contact Microsoft to get an MUI pack apparently, though it may be different because you are trying to go into english? Try opening that executable they mention and seeing if English is installed by default.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by ilw@26 September 2003 - 14:53
    It doesn't sound too good
    Na ja... Zu viel scheiBe für dich....

Maybe you could keep your english os, and get a software like the one one I have. It's named "Adsl Autoconnect", and it connects your computer automaticaly when it starts, you just have to log your informations in the first time you use it.