Thread: Kazaa Sues The Riaa / Kazzalite Illegal?

leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Wednesday, September 24, 2003-KaZaa sues the RIAA
    Turning the tables on record labels, makers of the most popular file-sharing network are suing entertainment companies for copyright infringement.
    Sharman Networks, the company behind the Kazaa file-sharing software, filed a federal lawsuit on Monday accusing the entertainment companies of using unauthorized versions of its software in their efforts to snoop out users.
    Sharman said the companies used Kazaa Lite, an ad-less replica of its software, to get onto the network. The lawsuit also claims efforts to combat piracy on Kazaa violated terms for using the network. Entertainment companies have offered bogus versions of copyright works and sent online messages to users.
    Sharman's lawsuit also revives its previous allegation that the entertainment companies violated antitrust laws by stopping Sharman and its partner from distributing authorized copies of music and movies through Kazaa.

Source: Link (Neowin.net)

[Comments:14]
    Reported by ScribeFrogboy

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Octopussy
    HELLS YEA! riaa just got PWNED

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by leonidas@26 September 2003 - 14:31
    unauthorized versions of its software
    I feel so guilty now that I hear that

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    internet.news
    that is it - I always supposed it: RIAA also use Kazaa Lite - hehe...
    that is proves that sharing of thoughts openlyi s important to understand
    each other betteR :)

thanks anyway, david.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Sharman Networks is lying. They have no proof. They only did this for two reasons, a) they want to sue RIAA, and b ) they want to get rid of Kazaa Lite. So they thought let's make up a lie and say that the RIAA is using Kazaa Lite. That way people will think all Kazaa Lite users are trying to get you arrested. See those evil PL 1000 guys, little Timmy? They're the RIAA!

A while ago someone thought ES5 and Sharman Networks is the same company. Now when Sharman Networks is going after their own users, and is making up lies, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yep nice psot but you got it in the wrong section