Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: seedbox.fr and keyweb.de

n00b
    Stay away from the seedbox.cc/fr!

I ordered 2 similar services from obtrix.net and seedbox.fr to compare and go with one in the future. Wow! The seedbox.cc pretty much works as my internet did in 2002. 2 mbit down and 0.5 up. 3-4 times The speed reached 7 mb/s but that lasted 20 seconds tops. All torrents that were crap on seedbox.cc I stopped and ran them on obtrix. It was like downloading from another tracker. From Obtrix one will easily get 10 mb/s both ways.

My first problem with seedbox.fr appeared right away. I couldnt upload to the FTP. I created a ticket on the 27th of january and still no response.
    3 days ago everything crashed and I couldnt log on anymore so I created another ticket. No response after 2 days and the seedbox still down. This morning I logged on to Paypal and requested my money back. The box was up one hour later, all data lost tho. They havent responded to any of my tickets yet.

Obtrix have good speeds but when I set up the seedbox they said 2-12 hours. 2 days later it wasnt running yet and the response I got was "we hope it will be up in the next 24 hours".

Dont wanna step on any toes but you know what they say about french people... :p

Rates:

seedbox.fr: 1/10 They get 1 because I had fun changing the app. on the web interface. Stay the hell away from this.

obtrix.net: 9/10 They promised 100/100 mbit and thats what I got. Except the late setup everything works perfectly. Downloading from the ftp gives me 8-9 mb/s.

p.s I have now 3 torrents on the seedbox.cc. 450 down and 300 up
    I have also 3 torrents on the obtrix. 11.1 mb/s down and 7.9 mb/s up
    Last edited by youwantmyseed; 02-04-2010 at 02:14 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Hi. I have to agree, my seedbox from seedbox.fr just worked for 6 hours. After that I havent been able to login. I have sent 5 mail, no answers. I payed the seedbox Jan 25th

@youwantmyseed, how do you claim your money back at Paypal?

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    Hi. I have to agree, my seedbox from seedbox.fr just worked for 6 hours. After that I havent been able to login. I have sent 5 mail, no answers. I payed the seedbox Jan 25th

@youwantmyseed, how do you claim your money back at Paypal?
    You can login to Paypal and open a dispute on the transaction. 5 emails and no answers within a 24 hour time frame seems poor.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Ok. Still no answer, over 13 days since the first mail... seedbox.fr sucks. Dont sign up with them!

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    seedbox.fr is not worthy what it cost

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Filthy Ripper
    If you search for seedbox.fr, you'll find a huge thread 'bout 'em. I would never suggest using it even if it was free... Processing my order took about 10 days (and I was lucky comparing to others waiting for weeks). During 1 month my seedbox (actually entire server with only god knows how many seedboxes) was down for 1.5 weeks that were promised to compensate, but as soon as my month run out, access was disabled. When it was working, I hardly could maintain my ratio above 1.0, which sucks big time... Their support sucks million times more. Tickets remain unanswered for life. Fortunately, not so long life, coz you must be a real pro stupid to prolong your service with them. I gave away my account 1 week prior expiring to a random person and never was sorry 'bout that. (From him I actually knew they didn't compensate 1.5 weeks downtime).

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    I used seedbox.fr for a while. The initial set-up time really sucked (it took them about a week). After I finally had access, it worked okay, but it wasn't anything special. I've switched to bytesized. If you can get an account, I definitely recommend it. €12/month for 100mb unmetered w/ 110gb of disk space. Now, I've only really gotten about 10 in either direction, but for that cheap I'm not complaining. On the FTP link, I've gotten around 4MB down. Again, it could be better, but it's not bad. Also, I haven't had any problems with reliability.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234