Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What The Hell ?

Poster
    Geez I forgot about Hepburn & Hope...........and Ms. Lindh

Also in the past year we've lost Gregory Peck, Leon Uris, Buddy Hackett and Mr. Rogers.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    Yeah, we've lost a lot of legendary actors recently.

I wonder who the legendary actors will be 30 years from now.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    I think 30 years from now, there will be no living legendary actors. Why? Because basically everyone thought of everything before "we" did. In this, I'm referring to guys like Hope, Hackett (pioneers of comedy), Hepburn (didn't really pioneer anything, but was still a legend). Now it's gotten to the point where you can't go to the show without seeing or seeing a preview of a teeny bopping movie, or some crappy high budget action flick that's been done many times.

But anyway, on to a brief story of what just happened...

I read that Mr. Palmer died, so I went into the living room (where my stepdad and mom are) and I asked, "Hey, didja know that Robert Palmer died?" My mom says, "Yeah." And I begin to walk outta the room, but my stepdad just had to irk me with this comment, "You know what, Trev (my name), you need to quit watchin' that MTV s*it and turn on the news." Now, I have the question of, "DOES ANYONE REALIZE HOW FUCKING IRONIC THIS IS?!"

So, with that, I calmly said, "Well Jim (his name). I'd like to inform you, as if you didn't already know (he pokes fun at how "poor" my dad is, very frequently), that we don't have cable (My real dad says he doesn't need anything more, because he never really has watched anything aside from the news and a few TV shows now and then). Therfore, I can't watch this 'MTV s*it'." Then I walk back into my room for a brief second, realize something, walk out and say, "Ya know, I'd figure, with you being a college kid in the 80s, you'd be smart enough to know Palmer was one of the first to appear on MTV, so they'da probably shown it before any form of news did." And he's like, "Well you've been on the internet all day, you should know." I just bit my lip and walked out.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Poster
    Geez, that's rough trev. I don't envy your situation....and I can relate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12