Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is It Possible...

razorsharp013's Avatar Fountain of Wit
    Like the title said....And if so, how and with what?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Yes, with any email client. You just need to find an option along the lines of "View Full/All Headers". Even Hotmail does this, I believe.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Go here for more on this.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    I thought Outlook and OE usually displayed such information as well as e-mail client, e-mail app used, time and date arrived at your e-mail client as well as any IP address' involved.

In Outlook, on each message that you open (not just the preview header, you must open the mail fully), click "view" then click "options". Towards the bottom there will be a scroll box labeled "internet headers" with all the necessary information there.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    razorsharp013's Avatar Fountain of Wit
    I don't use Outlook, I use MSN mail. And I can't believe it's so easy, I feel like a clueless n00b again.
    Thanx everyone!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    I have no idea of how MSN's mail client program compares with any other, however, if it is anything like Hotmail (assuming of course that it is web-based), then it is simple as clicking the "options" tab then looking over at the "addtional options" column. From there choose "mail display settings" and then scroll down and select the option you wish for the mail header.

I use Hotmail for all of my normal, everyday bullshit that one often has to go through while surfing (such as when you just absolutely have to enter in an e-mail address somewhere). This keeps my home account free of spam and other crap mailings. Yet I have my hotmail set-up so that the complete display header and ISP information is visible near the bottom of whatever letter I receive just incase I have a need for it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    you can gather IP info from the email header, but there's no guarantee that it's correct. it's pretty easy for spammers to falsify the return address + originating IP.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    most spammers faulsify return email addy but very few actually know how to faulsify their ip addy and i know this for a fact as i have lost count the amount of spammers i have had disconected and or rang them to abuse them

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    can i pm you about that last post?

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by MediaSlayer@27 September 2003 - 09:08
    can i pm you about that last post?
    if that is directed towards me yes of course

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast