Thread: Downloads

iv'e read posts about most downloads compleating in 8 hours.
    I have a 600k braudband modem and my downloads usualy take days depending on there size.
    My computer is normaly on with kazaa runing 24 hours a day,

Wy are the downloads so slow

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    While searching tick the auto search more box then let it search when your download comes up then start downloading and let it continue searching and then back in traffic when u see your max speed then go back into search and stop the search. Another thing u can do is to pause the download then right-clik it and clik "find more sources" it will search and that should speed up your download. One last thing u can do to speed it up while search align the bandwidth column header by pressing it till the arrow is pointing down then scroll back to the top and get the first file (if your getting music I don't recommend this last tip).
    That should help u if and next time before u post search the board using the search button at the top of the page.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    between, Musleman's Madonna's trick, Gre1's tick/tock the autosearch and me, go to my sig, any problem can be solved.
    we sould trademark those responses.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I know we should just put it all together in one post. What u think? Name it 3 ways to speed up downloads. Hmm........

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    try changing ur kazaa lite port (dunno myt wrk) and enable the accelerator

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by tommo68@26 September 2003 - 17:07
    iv'e read posts about most downloads compleating in 8 hours.
    I have a 600k braudband modem and my downloads usualy take days depending on there size.
    My computer is normaly on with kazaa runing 24 hours a day,

Wy are the downloads so slow
    your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, and don't be fooled by what you see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection , so change supernodes and see if you get lucky also go here