Thread: Windows 7 Build 7138 Service Pack 1, What The Deuce?

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer

After a silence Wzor is back in business with the screenshots of Windows 7 Build 7138 with service pack 1.

Yesterday we had posted about Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 under development as reported by wzor.info. This news itself is enough to generate buzz for Windows 7 as it never happened in past where MS has started working on Service pack before releasing final product.

However wzor.info being trusted source we cannot deny the news of Windows 7 Sp1. By Now many users have started speculating what could be reason for Microsoft to start Windows 7 Service pack 1 development.

One reason which we had speculated yesterday was Microsoft may have planned much more than what we have seen in Latest Windows 7 RC and to avoid any possible delay in releasing Windows 7 Microsoft may have dropped number of features from final Windows 7 RTM release and planned to include in Windows 7 Sp 1.

Source: WZOR.info | Keznews | Softpedia

Homepage: Windows 7

Screenshots: Windows 7 SP1
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 06-02-2009 at 02:50 AM. Reason: added Softpedia link to source list

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Dupe.

There's been a lot of misinformation on Windows 7 since the malware-infected build was discovered and leaked on the BT networks so I'm calling this one.

These Russian news reels and blogs have always been hit or miss on some of their information and even on some of the rumored RC builds.

Did you hear the one about build 7140? It's really neither confirmed or denied, but really...the RC is said by Microsoft to be feature complete.

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    Since Windows 7 was designed around Vista SP1 and Vista SP2 is just out, then they probably took parts out of Vista SP2 that were the same for Win 7 and called it an SP1. So since Win7 is Vista junior, then its SP is Vista Junior SP1.
    By the way, if they put an XP button in it that changed everything to look, act, and place itself like it was XP, I might buy it. But as it is, I tried it and I thought is stunk out loud. There is no way I am going to spend hundreds of dollars on a piece of junk GUI rearrangement of Vista.
    I just don't understand why they had to design the darn thing in a flash aroud a loser when they could have taken their time and retooled a winning XP GUI to have Vista capabilities like aero glass, directx 10 or 11 and the new file system. Oh! I forgot they're Morons!
    Last edited by Appzalien; 06-02-2009 at 12:40 PM.

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    I think Windows 7 is just as good as XP, everything runs well on it.
    [center]