Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Ontologically speaking, how can GOD be proven

BANNED
    Ontologically, prove or at least make a case that GOD can exists, burden of proof I would say lies most heavily on people of faith.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    How could one do that without being ontological?

yo

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    BANNED
    Well a lot of the discussion of God gets to the point where religion is brought up, unnecessarily, although they play a central role in the belief of God today, religion has no merits on the origins or God, or the possibility of God even existing. For instance, if you ever argue with a deist or a theist they all believe in a personal God. Not only do they know a God exists, they know which one is the right one, from a potentially infinite list as long as the human species. This gives them reason to deny the opposing argument in an attempt to defend "their God". Everyone in the world is an atheist, everyone can name a God that they do not believe in (Zeus, Ra, Osiris, etc.), with this in mind when arguing the existence of God, theists often make the case to advance the superiority of their God.

In brief, discussion with God in terms of intelligent design, justification of rationality and morality, and the design of the universe.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    The very nature of faith is the concept that proof is not required.

Ask yourself this, what is the point of a God whose existence is proven?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    The very nature of faith is the concept that proof is not required.

Ask yourself this, what is the point of a God whose existence is proven?
    I'll leave that to the theist, my argument has no bearing on that.

And why is faith such a good thing, the concept that something to be held true without evidence is a very primitive way of thinking that belongs to the barbaric side of human history.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Do you have proof that everything you see is made of atoms and molecules?

Or do you have faith that the physicists know what they're talking about

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    BANNED
    Do you have proof that everything you see is made of atoms and molecules?

Or do you have faith that the physicists know what they're talking about
    That is just over-simplifying a situation, evidence is available to be proven if challenged, cannot say the same thing about God.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Explain how light can be a particle and a wave at the same time.

Explain how the universe came from nothing.

Science doesn't have all the answers.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Explain how light can be a particle and a wave at the same time.

Explain how the universe came from nothing.

Science doesn't have all the answers.
    They have, but the answers have tiny holes in them. They're 99%.

You have to trust the devices that were used to get the answers and the 1% gets lost somewhere in between.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Show me a single piece of non-circumstantial evidence disprove the existence of God, and then I will make my decision on this.

The theory of evolution is just that.. you know just a theory. Scientists themselves have argued against this theory, that it violates natural laws, such as the second law on thermodynamics and so on.

God is a spiritual being, not a physical one.You obviously can't use natural laws to prove a spiritual being.You use natural laws to prove physical objects and God is above these laws.Since He created everything, He can bend natural laws at His will..which account for events, situations, miracles, etc. which science cannot explain.

We see God's creation all around us. His creation is a manifestation and proof that there must be someone responsible for all these things. In science class, we studied about the universal physical constants like gravitational constant. These constants are so perfect that if it's a little lower or higher, our world will be in chaos. What's the probability that accident and randomity has brought about our orderly world? I won't leave all the explanation to "chance". The perfect explanation for everything is the existence of God.

if you are the type that believes your computer would have self upgraded its OS from windows 98 to windows 7 then my bad but otherwise go read on the DNA double helix then come and explain as to how chaos could have come up with such order.

The truth is God has put a God-shaped hole in the heart of every human being.His plan is for man to find and worship Him. History shows that mankind has acknowledged an all-powerful supernatural being since time immemorial. You can find ancient people worshipping the moon, sun, stars, calf, snakes, their ancestors, or any other thing. Nobody taught them about God. Their natural instinct told them there is someone great out there...and that someone is God. Now, it's up to the individual to acknowledge or reject the existence of God,its a faith thing you aren't supposed to be swayed by evidence.

Also did you know that blackholes, as accepted as they are by scientists as being fact are yet to be proven by solid evidence?just goes to show how naive you are to put your trust in such people.

If you didn't know,in essence you are saying you are just meat as you have no soul.

Plus i think it should tell you something that everything on this planet has an opposite(all explained in less than 1000 words in genesis).
    Like how do you explain evil and good.(your sushi and mollusc ancestors know something?)I mean these two forces ought to have come from somewhere,right?and please don't tell me you think that evil and good are also a myth

I want to call you an idiot,but i'll wait and see if you have any strong evidence to disprove the existence of God.
    imo i think people like you are just guys who have a problem with religious folks.
    Last edited by sez; 06-05-2009 at 03:32 PM.

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast