Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SnowTigers , down for good ?

would love to see proof of the "several hundred thousand dollars" they supposedly have.

Common line these days isnt it.. said the same about TPB and everyone else they ever arrested for running a tracker

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Of course they have blown that out of proportion to 'sell' their story to the media. But money is the weak spot, always has been.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Yoann64's Avatar El Niņo Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    21 servers seized
    hmmm !! Snowtigers is a french tracker, i'm not sure but i think that they 're not hosted in france ...!
    Last edited by Yoann64; 06-05-2009 at 07:53 PM.
    Bienvenida Mamacita - I'm in ruta Babylon - Bienvenida La Juana - Tequila, sexo, marihuana. (M.Chao)

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Even if they are hosted in Canada (or elsewhere 'safe'), the police just have to follow the money trail. And that's the point, this apparently was a police raid, which is something completely different than a anti-piracy group trying to shut down a site.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    $SnoopDo2G$'s Avatar Don Doggy BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Canada ?....
    funny how they talkin' a lot of crap... without having real facts..
    we'll see, but i think they just do a maintenance...
    Last edited by $SnoopDo2G$; 06-05-2009 at 08:12 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinfish View Post
    would love to see proof of the "several hundred thousand dollars" they supposedly have.
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    Of course they have blown that out of proportion to 'sell' their story to the media.
    the worst is that they didn't.
    Snowtigers has always had a special position in "french piracy", it was the graal of french private trackers and the only torrentsite known by everyone (even non-bt users).
    no forums, no torrent comments, no invites, no pm system, no userlist, no irc chan - just your profile and the browse page... and yet, a shitload of members have donated during years to get the VIP status and the right to upload (!)
    i can't count how many times i saw french boards members bragging about being VIP at Snowtigers. accounts were sold more than 80 euros on ebay (and even more); you can also check how this site was popular by simply typing 'snowtigers' in google.fr (you'll find 10 pages of begging for snowtigers accounts).

in short, snowtigers has never been a private tracker that cared about sharing, their only goal was to make money and they did it very-well though.
    Last edited by cinephilia; 06-05-2009 at 10:41 PM.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    So if I understand you correctly, they actually did make hundreds of thousands of dollars? Then it's no surprise that they'd be targeted by the authorities sooner or later.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    well, maybe not hundreds of thousands of dollars but they easily made dozens of thousands of dollars during all those years.
    for example, they used to remove hundreds of accounts every month (and not only poor ratios) and open signups 30s-1min several times a week in order to get new potential donators (the fanatics refreshing the page until signups are open).
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    merwais's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    One Down. SnowTigers = oInk !

SnowTigers Gone for ever.

RIP SnowTigers

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    They are in fact hosted in canada

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast