Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SnowTigers , down for good ?

The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    See, I told you cine knows everything.

I was never a member, but it's always sad when a tracker goes down.

RIP ST
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    According to TorrentFreak The Military was involved in bringing down this tracker...

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Link to the article:

http://torrentfreak.com/military-int...t-site-090606/

I think this is very disturbing, considering the fact that in most European countries, in fact in most democratic countries, the military can not be used against the citizens, unless in a state of emergency, which clearly is not the case here. Using military intelligence to aid private anti-piracy groups (and the police) to shut down a freaking torrent tracker is way over the top, and just shows how hysterical the whole situation in France has gotten these days.

This would be a major scandal in most countries, I'm really surprised that there hasn't been an outcry yet, knowing that the French usually are very quick to demonstrate...

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    how do you know the circumstances surrounding this? all you're going on is a quote on torrentfreak, which is unattributed and unsourced.

what if some of the staff were in the military? don't be so quick to jump to conclusions, based on a blog post.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    The Torrentfreak article is based on the french article posted earlier in this thread. But the mere fact that the anti-piracy group can publically boast about military involvement just shows how successful the lobbying of those groups has been at recent times, and how much they have politics by the balls. It's disturbing, no matter how you look at it.
    Last edited by shipwreck; 06-07-2009 at 09:32 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    well, there is still Thorland.. the french tracker, ..........LOL, not sure how much longer. they are going to stick around, if the French Authorities, are so zealous on their crackdown on Piracy.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Yoann64's Avatar El Niño Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Enlightened View Post
    well, there is still Thorland.. the french tracker
    Thor's land (or Ethor) is not really french ...but from Quebec (Canada).
    Bienvenida Mamacita - I'm in ruta Babylon - Bienvenida La Juana - Tequila, sexo, marihuana. (M.Chao)

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    MATEE100's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    So Snowtigers is finally down.Any chance to return?

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Yoann64's Avatar El Niño Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by MATEE100 View Post
    So Snowtigers is finally down.Any chance to return?
    It seems, chance=0% ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Korben info
    For those who hope to see being reborn SnowTigers, I have a bad news, It will not be reborn.
    Bienvenida Mamacita - I'm in ruta Babylon - Bienvenida La Juana - Tequila, sexo, marihuana. (M.Chao)

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    In whose house were the servers hosted?
    I think tracker sysops need to start being serious about security,its never wise to host tracker servers in your home country,especially when an anti piracy law has been passed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast