Thread: Trying to find a "Cooking" tracker

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Hi,

I am looking for a dedicated tracker devoted to cooking. I have not found a good one since DigitalDistractions closed its doors.

I have an account on TvTorrents (thanks, sez!) and they have a good selection there, but it still doesn't satisfy my "hunger" for culinary knowledge.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-megabyteme
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    angryghost's Avatar Get In Ma BELLY! BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    I use thebox.bz theve got quite an impressive collection of british cooking tv shows. BMTV also has nice content (uploads from DD). As for pdf cookbooks, mininova and isohunt are your best friends.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Thanks, angryghost! I will pursue invites for thebox and BMTV after I get settled in to a couple of the new sites I have found.

You mentioned cookbooks- ebooksshares.org has a GREAT selection. I am not sure where they originate from, but I was amazed at the number and quality. PM me if you are interested in checking it out.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Hi,

I am looking for a dedicated tracker devoted to cooking. I have not found a good one since DigitalDistractions closed its doors.

I have an account on TvTorrents (thanks, sez!) and they have a good selection there, but it still doesn't satisfy my "hunger" for culinary knowledge.

-megabyteme
    For content like this which is already free, simply Googling what you're looking for will merit far more results than any tracker.

yo

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    DigitalDistractions had some really great shows Cook Like a Chef, Chef at Home, Good Eats, No Reservations, and several others. Really hoping to find a site to take its place (also want to find full-length shows that aren't available in the US) and I haven't heard of one. Thought someone around here would be able to point me to it/them, if available.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Hi,

-megabyteme
    For content like this which is already free, simply Googling what you're looking for will merit far more results than any tracker.
    +1

ps: Demonoid also have many cooking related torrents.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Didn't some dude want to start a cooking tracker a while ago (and gave up on second thought)? Hey, you finally have a potential member!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    Didn't some dude want to start a cooking tracker a while ago (and gave up on second thought)? Hey, you finally have a potential member!
    unfortunately for him, it turned into a mvid tracker
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Thanks to everyone who has responded!

From what you guys have said so far, it doesn't sound like there is one. And from looking at your number of posts, I am pretty sure you would have heard of one if it did exist.

I will continue to check back on this thread, but I expect that I will have to take your advice- use google, demonoid, BMTV (eventually) and some of the other scattered sources available.

At least I know now that one has not escaped my attention. :-)