Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Noob, A Review Of Your New Card?

3rd gen, we deserve a good review of your card. How does it perform in DX9 games? We want to know all the details...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    bump...still waiting...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    hi, sorry about the delay, but i've been installing my new hardware and formatting/reinstalling windows, doing uni stuff etc...

anyway, onto the card

well, first impressions were great. it's got a nice looking blue pcb, with a huge heatsink on both sides of the card (also blue), as shown in the review linked to in the other post.
    it was easy to install, just had to install the new drivers after windows reinstall and it was good to go. i installed the tyan monitor too, lets me see the temps on the card, voltages and change the fan speed easily

onto performance. i was impressed to see i can now run midnight club 2 at 1280x1024x32, with full effects smoothly, no lag

however, any application of AA at this res did slow the card down noticably

i was able to run battlefield 1942 (patched to v1.1) at 1024x768x32 with 4XAA and 8XAnisotropic filtering at an average 45fps

3dMark 03 also threw up a surprise. i was actually able to watch the the tests, in comparison to my old cards performance of 2-3 fps (no joke) i was getting 20fps. i got a final score of 3340, not too bad at stock speeds
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@25 September 2003 - 21:35
    hi, sorry about the delay, but i&#39;ve been installing my new hardware and formatting/reinstalling windows, doing uni stuff etc...

anyway, onto the card

well, first impressions were great. it&#39;s got a nice looking blue pcb, with a huge heatsink on both sides of the card (also blue), as shown in the review linked to in the other post.
    it was easy to install, just had to install the new drivers after windows reinstall and it was good to go. i installed the tyan monitor too, lets me see the temps on the card, voltages and change the fan speed easily

onto performance. i was impressed to see i can now run midnight club 2 at 1280x1024x32, with full effects smoothly, no lag

i was able to run battlefield 1942 (patched to v1.1) at 1024x768x32 with 4XAA and 8XAnisotropic filtering at an average 45fps

3dMark 03 also threw up a surprise. i was actually able to watch the the tests, in comparison to my old cards performance of 2-3 fps (no joke) i was getting 20fps. i got a final score of 3340, not too bad at stock speeds
    ehhhhhhh........so it&#39;s quite good then is it?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@25 September 2003 - 17:35
    hi, sorry about the delay, but i&#39;ve been installing my new hardware and formatting/reinstalling windows, doing uni stuff etc...

anyway, onto the card

well, first impressions were great. it&#39;s got a nice looking blue pcb, with a huge heatsink on both sides of the card (also blue), as shown in the review linked to in the other post.

sound great now send it to me so i can see for myself

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by adamp2p@23 September 2003 - 20:22
    3rd gen, we deserve a good review of your card. How does it perform in DX9 games? We want to know all the details...
    eh??? i don&#39;t think this thread has mentioned precisely which card is being discussed?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+26 September 2003 - 00:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 26 September 2003 - 00:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-adamp2p@23 September 2003 - 20:22
    3rd gen, we deserve a good review of your card.&nbsp; How does it perform in DX9 games?&nbsp; We want to know all the details...
    eh??? i don&#39;t think this thread has mentioned precisely which card is being discussed? [/b][/quote]
    I believe this i the fella in question, there was over a hundred a couple of days back, looks like Mr Gen&#39;s review worked wonders

Mr Gen&#39;s new toy

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    hmm, okay then.

congratulations on your purchase, 3rd gen noob. looks like a nice little piece of overclockers&#39; kit, there, what with those blue heatsinks on the memory...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@26 September 2003 - 00:21
    hmm, okay then.

congratulations on your purchase, 3rd gen noob. looks like a nice little piece of overclockers&#39; kit, there, what with those blue heatsinks on the memory...
    thanks

apparently blue heatsinks can yield 10% better results than any other colour...i heard that from someone once...

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    here&#39;s a ss of my 3dMark 03 results at 1024x768:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast