Thread: copying dvd -> dvds?

Poster
    What do you all use to make a backup of a dvd -> dvd?
    It has to be something that will break the encryption locks
    thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    DVDFAb....

http://www.dvdfab.com/

You can do full disc copy, main movie only or take out what ever you like or don't touch it at all. You can make DVD5 or DVD9....

Almost any software now-a-days breaks the encryption.
    [center]

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I like to use AutoGK along with AnyDvd running in the background to remove the protections so it can be copied. AutoGK is freeware AnyDvd is not. The reason I like AutoGK is it has a special subtitle setting called "forced subs" where it will hardcode only those subs that you would endup seeing at the theater or on a TV showing. You know the ones, when the characters start talking in a foriegn language but they put up subs so you can see what they're saying. Typically when you rip a dvd to avi its all or no subs, all is a pain and no subs also leaves out the ones meant to be there. Thats where Forced Subs makes AutoGK a very useful tool. As a matter of fact I think it may be what aXXo uses since his rips all seem to have forced subs included. Thats not to say other rippers do not have the same setting somewhere, perhaps with a different name for it, AutoGK is the only one that I know of anyway.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    It's not a pain, DVDFab lets you select which audio and subs you want...if they are forced, there auto added.

Besides he "said" DVD to DVD, not DVD to AVi
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 06-22-2009 at 06:17 PM.
    [center]

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    SelfMadeMMAn's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    I use DVD Shrink to create ISO, and Image Burn to burn. Shrink allows audio selection as well. ConvertXtoDvd to make dvds from divx.
    Who dat? Who dat? Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    DVDFab and AnyDVD (as a backup)
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"