Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laptop To Pc

i have a laptop that only has a floppy drive. is there a way i could connect the laptop to the pc to install new windows.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    if the both have network cards u can cnnect them directly using a crossover cable. im not sure how to access the networkf rom dos though to start the setup.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    When you say it shows a black screen, do you mean it never shows anything? If so then its either not getting to the POST screen (where it shows your processor and ram and video card) or the screen is knackered. Reinstalling windows won't help

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    whats a network card

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    When you say it shows a black screen, do you mean it never shows anything? If so then its either not getting to the POST screen (where it shows your processor and ram and video card) or the screen is knackered. Reinstalling windows won't help
    what actually happens when u turn it on. does it show u the post screen, does the power light come on, do u hear sound when windows boot ups? do u hear the hdd etc?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    the light goes on adn you hear the hdd but then it stays black.this all happened when i tried to install a windows my friend gave me and after that it just stop working

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    how could u install a windowss ur firend gave u?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    it had like 6 floppy disk

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    You can use Direct Cable Connection or Laplink cable.

It's a cable that goes between the two Parallel and/or serial ports of both computers in order to link them together.

It's been a very long time since I did this so I don't remember the details. I can remember that you can transfer the 'cab' files from the Windows CD over to the harddisk of the laptop and launch the install from there.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    what does a Direct Cable Connection look like

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast