Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else totally FED UP of seedbox users?

1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more,
    there are alot of rich kids who are doing BT simply to annoy their parents.
    Most seedbox users I know aren't "kids". Torrenting is normal for kids, it's not rebellious in any way.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    MODERATION BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by brightsid View Post
    You are member to some fine trackers tippertime as I can understand from your sign
    Except bcg and ScT that I'm not member in all the others what do you need the big buffer?
    I'm with an average home connection and I really thank all the seedbox owners for downloading fast what I want, but I can't understand the need of buffering your account .
    We were not talking about buffering our accounts but keeping a decent ratio maty. Cause downloading wit 1.2Mbps and then uploading with max 10kbps(peak) aint grate at all

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    brightsid's Avatar Larisssssssaaaaaaa BT Rep: +4
    Well with a 10kbs up connection probably I would have a problem in downloading what I want also . But I was talking about huge buffers I notice around
    We make a living by what we get,
    we make a life by what we give

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    This is right up there with the stupidest thing ive ever heard.
    In those trackers where pre times and speeds are in demand i dont thing its going to work.

If any tracker im in and decides do limite uploads ill start to delete or just let it die period.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    What so seed my ass off for a couple of months so that I can just hit and run on everything after that? Not really the solution I am looking for.
    Actually that's the only viable solution for you atm.Plus you don't necessarily have to hit and run(though nothing is off the table once the system has you off the radar )You can choose to leave your torrents on the client for upto at least the minimum seed time,that way whether they upload or not you would have at least done your part and you wont have to worry about losing your account due to low ratio unlike now(in essence you will have a ratioless tracker at least for a while if you aren't the heavy leecher type )
    hope you get the solution you are seeking though.You do got brainz no doubt

Most seedbox users I know aren't "kids". Torrenting is normal for kids, it's not rebellious in any way.
    That's outta context T.S.O.L<-and just curious is that "the sons of liberty"?
    and by kids i didn't mean babies,if you read it as a metaphor it woulda made alot more sense.

That's outta context T.S.O.L<-and just curious is that "the sons of liberty"?
    and by kids i didn't mean babies,if you read it as a metaphor it woulda made alot more sense.
    Last edited by sez; 06-11-2009 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    MODERATION BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    If any tracker im in and decides do limite uploads ill start to delete or just let it die period.
    Ya neva...

I bet yre one of there gheezas staring at the screen waiting for the latest torrent to come out o maximize yre seedbox speed... Do ya actually get to watch/listen/play/read the things you download/seed?? I bet not

I agree that seedboxes are all about speed but if there are 5-6 seeders per torrent you will easily get a decent download speed even is none of them uses a seedbox.

Anyway this is one of them who was first chicken or the egg threads. One thing is clear: seedbox owners make it harder for the rest of us to seed 1:1.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Naw it's not sons of liberty, thats our news poster and I wasn't referring to babies either. Most ppl I know that use seedboxes are adults with jobs.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Poster
    get a seedbox
    buffer your account
    profit ?!!?

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    What about the freeleech trackers.

My only bone of contention is that requirements for higher user classes are still based on upload.
    Any idiot with a seedbox can make the highest userclass and still contribute next to nothing to the site(speaking from experience).
    If you are going by such stats why not make progression dependent on download instead( as long as you are >1 of course).That at least takes away the advantage of speed over activity.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Well they ARE spending their money to help others, so the rest don't have to all reach 1:1. I'm happy with them getting their "superhero" rank while I don't spend a cent and get my content fast and without a requirement to seed all the way back. Win-win.
    Last edited by TrueSounds; 06-11-2009 at 10:10 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast