Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Best Scene MP3 tracker?

Quote Originally Posted by digitalism View Post

oh way back in the day on the original site years ago it was more rock based iirc. but now it covers most genres well. mewithyou was giving out invites in a thread somewhere on fst.

thanks for the tips for livesets. i see both are open signups. before i sign up, are they generally scene releases?
    satclubbing is generally scenebased,and also they release nice packs at their packs category and other stuff

globalsets is generally non-scene but its really nice for sets,everyday they add fresh sets

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    nthpeter's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    I also wanna try a scene music tracker. My music folder seems like a trash because users on Waffles and What name their dirs and songs in very different ways (sometimes no or false ID tags), "Artist - Album", "Artist/Album/", "[Year] Album", "Album", etc... so wmp always rename them or change their ID tags, and i cant seed them anymore. At least scene has rules to maintain some quality in this case, scene releases work fine with wmp.

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    why does it have to be scene stuff? whats wrong with sites like waffles and what cd?

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    In 99% cases scene means quality and such releases you'll find on ViPMusic (a.k.a. VIP) now with over 21,000 torrents with collections which consist of even 100 and more releases. Great community, awesome speeds and pre times.

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutela View Post
    why does it have to be scene stuff? whats wrong with sites like waffles and what cd?
    well nothing is wrong with waffles and what. i bet i'll get flamed for this, but.. the scene is a standard, so if you use other file sharing methods, dc, ftp, etc you can share scene releases. user rips can only be used the site they are downloaded from and if you see a user sharing random mp3s you have no idea what the quality will be like. personally i find it interesting how a single version of an album can be spread so far around the world and be downloaded so many times. luckily my ears aren't good enough to hear the difference between v2 and v0, let alone flac. plus it's a habit. but of course if i can't find a scene release of an album i want, i'll use waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by ashford View Post
    In 99% cases scene means quality and such releases you'll find on ViPMusic (a.k.a. VIP) now with over 21,000 torrents with collections which consist of even 100 and more releases. Great community, awesome speeds and pre times.
    hey ashford, you seem to be a pretty big fan of vip. are you active in the community there?

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    I was jsut wondering why scene was important was all, I dont even know waht v2 and v0 are, I know flac is like lossless, and then theres MP3 but other than htat I havent a clue, surely theres osme sort of quality control ont he likes of what.cd and on waffles?

7. BitTorrent   -   #67
    whatcd is the best for me

8. BitTorrent   -   #68
    I was jsut wondering why scene was important was all, I dont even know waht v2 and v0 are, I know flac is like lossless, and then theres MP3 but other than htat I havent a clue, surely theres osme sort of quality control ont he likes of what.cd and on waffles?
    scene comes with standart quality and correct tagging,also if there are more sceners or scene uploaders in a music tracker that means more 0-day share..as I said before Ive seen lots of 0-day releses on filemp3 which waffles does not include or share a while later...

scene teams,sceners,scene uploaders or what you call are really dedicated and loyal to music scene,they follow always new releases and get earlier albums than a random person,you know sometimes you download albums before its offically released...or movies..

also its good when you share your music at somewhere else
    Last edited by bionx; 07-03-2009 at 01:18 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #69
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    I was jsut wondering why scene was important was all, I dont even know waht v2 and v0 are, I know flac is like lossless, and then theres MP3...
    The scene is life to some. If it's not scene its not worth it.

The scene usually release stuff before p2p groups do, and there are consequences if the release isn't done properly (which is where the childish behavior starts).
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 07-03-2009 at 07:20 AM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

10. BitTorrent   -   #70
    right now scenesound seems to have great potential

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast