Thread: Video Editing Software

Mpeace
    I am looking for something basic to pull movies off the camcorder and edit them for dvds..Any ideas? Thanks..

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    What's your OS and what file type is your camcoder saving it as?

What is your Camcoder, Model/Brand?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Mpeace
    We have a panasonic minidvd recorder..Os is Vista 64...I just need something I can cut and edit small clips with..I have a couple to clip and burn and don't know what to use..Thanks

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Windows movie maker is quite nice - i played with it for awhile. There were a few things it couldn't do that i wanted (extra features), so I have been playing with Cyberlink PowerDirector which is very nice indeed
    <insert signature here>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Go download avidemux,you'll love it for this kind of work plus its freeware.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    Go download avidemux,you'll love it for this kind of work plus its freeware.
    Isn't it open source?

+1 For the Cyberlink PowerDirector. Have a look at TMPGEnc and MeGUI too.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    The first remark was correct in asking what format your camcoder spits out. Different camcoder makers use different video types and it good to know which yours uses when deciding on a converter unless its a multi converter. canopus edius is specifically for converting camcoder recordings to various other formats, its not free but it comes in trial form to see if you can handle the learning curve. There are also the combination hardware software ones you can get from you friendly neighborhood Best Buy like Pinacle Studio which have an interface for between the camcorder and PC as well as their software for doing the deed. Again there is a learning curve but there is a learning curve with anything these days. Especially with camcoder recordings. Unless you have the option to record in avi or mpeg, you will probably end up with a DV type video that is not compatible with alot of video converting apps that deal mainly with avi and mpeg.