Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Does ratio cheating cause any damage to a tracker?

Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Menteur View Post
    What do you say? Does ratiocheating cause any form of damage to a tracker or its members?

I admit that I once ratiocheated more than a terabyte on sct.
    Ever since that I've leeched loads of torrents and helped other members out with seeding, by leeching from them.

In other words, by cheating and then leeching a lot, you improve the activity on a tracker, right? <---

Imo it doesn't harm a thing, except for breaking rules and maybe it is etchically wrong.
    What do you call that?

Oh and the fact you say it was more than two years ago in another post. It must have been eating you up inside.. so much in fact that you had to bring it up now.
    Last edited by Night0wl; 06-14-2009 at 03:07 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Clean little helper BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    I guess if he did it only once some time ago and since then he has been a good user and paid his debt to the community, he can be forgiven now.
    Anyway, to conclude, ratio cheating is bad and harmful for the idea of sharing just like cheating is harmful for the trust inside a couple, so you should never use this way of keeping your ratio.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Jezebel's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    What do you say? Does ratiocheating cause any form of damage to a tracker or its members?

I admit that I once ratiocheated more than a terabyte on sct.
    Ever since that I've leeched loads of torrents and helped other members out with seeding, by leeching from them.

In other words, by cheating and then leeching a lot, you improve the activity on a tracker, right? <---

Imo it doesn't harm a thing, except for breaking rules and maybe it is etchically wrong.
    What do you call that?

Oh and the fact you say it was more than two years ago in another post. It must have been eating you up inside.. so much in fact that you had to bring it up now.
    The underlined parts? I call them words.

I decided to create a different topic hence polarbear is missing in action.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    MODERATION BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Oi... just think about it: some are paying good money for seedboxes, some are seeding day and nite, others rip their own stuff to keep a decent ratio and you fucker use a shitty application to cheat ratio with the excuse that you leech a lot afterwards. Thsts a totally wrong conception mate. If you have a good connection as you pretend you do just keep seeding and stop shitin yourself. Many TB uploaded wont make your e-dick longer, comprendre? Sad that you havent been caught by now.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Jezebel's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ovisan View Post
    Oi... just think about it: some are paying good money for seedboxes, some are seeding day and nite, others rip their own stuff to keep a decent ratio and you fucker use a shitty application to cheat ratio with the excuse that you leech a lot afterwards. Thsts a totally wrong conception mate. If you have a good connection as you pretend you do just keep seeding and stop shitin yourself. Many TB uploaded wont make your e-dick longer, comprendre? Sad that you havent been caught by now.
    I thought about it, doesn't make any harm as far as I see.
    Well, first of all, leeching a lot is not an excuse, secondly, I can't help if others are willing to pay for filesharing or whatever decision they make.
    And for my bandwidth's sake, I have a fast connection down, not up.
    Last edited by Menteur; 06-14-2009 at 04:18 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    in the end, menteur fit very well with cheater
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Roooney's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Menteur: How long do you seed the torrents you download from a tracker you have been cheating on? I bet it's not 1:1, is it?

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    poser...

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by ovisan View Post
    I thought about it, doesn't make any harm as far as I see.
    Well, first of all, leeching a lot is not an excuse, secondly, I can't help if others are willing to pay for filesharing or whatever decision they make.
    And for my bandwidth's sake, I have a fast connection down, not up.
    So you don't have a fast line up, but still ratiocheating 1TB was enough to keep you a healthy buffer allowing you to download, what was it you said? 1TB a month minus the free leech, so at 3/4 counted and let's say half free leech, we still have at least 9TB - the 1TB you cheated, making 8TB uploaded in two years without counting buffer. Bad line my ass.

Or are you just making up numbers as you go along?

note: that 3/4 is for simplicity sake as that wasn't in effect until less than 1 1/2 year ago.
    Last edited by Night0wl; 06-14-2009 at 06:00 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Ok sad truth of the matter it does hurt the tracker. Many Trackers have levels of users the higher the upload and ratio the better user level you have and the better perks. Including getting invites. Now I know this brings up the age old issue of trading and non trading. But in my book if you have no issues with cheating then you have no issues with trading invites. Thusly in the end you hurt the tracker by your actions and further more you don't want to contribute to the site, by getting your epenis the traditional way by contributing and working to get it. As others have said here if you have the internet pipe you say you have then cheating shouldn't have been needed.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast