Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Save .torrent Files

can you somehow save a .torrent file, so if you started to download a torrent file

and say you restarted your pc could you some how restart that same torrent file

agian where you left off... thanks

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Right click, save as.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    but it does'nt continue where i left off, it just stars from the beginning

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    You gotta save the file your downloading to the same directory were the uncomplete version of it is, then it'll continue were you left off.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Kokanee's Avatar The beer out here!
    Originally posted by skyhgh99999@27 September 2003 - 13:37
    can you somehow save a .torrent file, so if you started to download a torrent file

and say you restarted your pc could you some how restart that same torrent file

agian where you left off... thanks
    Read this BitTorrent FAQ
    here is a quote from it:

How to resume downloads: To resume you just click on the original torrent file that you saved to your hard disc, choose the exact same folder that you started saving the file to originally. Once Bittorent begins, instead of creating a new file you will see the client checking the original file. Then it should continue downloading as normal.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    In the event of an unexpected crash, the BitTorrent download will almost always become a HUGE chain of lost allocation units... you run a SCANDISK, recover that file, and then RESIZE the file to exactly match the one you're trying to download.

The reason why you have to resize the file is because the last sector/cluster for the file is almost always LARGER than the remainder of the file.

After resizing the file, rename it to the original, toss it in the same dir as the .torrent file, and resume it as normal.

I've done this about 10-20 times without too much fuss -- even went so far as trying to combine a partial download off Kazaa with a partial from BitTorrent for the same file in an attempt to download the file faster. That last trick didn't go so well because my tools weren't quite capable of cut-and-pasting 100+ MB.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Originally posted by Switeck@27 September 2003 - 19:51
    In the event of an unexpected crash, the BitTorrent download will almost always become a HUGE chain of lost allocation units... you run a SCANDISK, recover that file, and then RESIZE the file to exactly match the one you're trying to download.

The reason why you have to resize the file is because the last sector/cluster for the file is almost always LARGER than the remainder of the file.

After resizing the file, rename it to the original, toss it in the same dir as the .torrent file, and resume it as normal.

I've done this about 10-20 times without too much fuss -- even went so far as trying to combine a partial download off Kazaa with a partial from BitTorrent for the same file in an attempt to download the file faster. That last trick didn't go so well because my tools weren't quite capable of cut-and-pasting 100+ MB.
    I've been using bittorrent for a while now and have never heard of any of that and I would certainly not reccomend you trying to piece together your downloads from Bit and k-lite.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I second that.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Originally posted by toddiscool@27 September 2003 - 21:44
    Right click, save as.
    Sorted.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Originally posted by Wizzandabe+28 September 2003 - 11:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wizzandabe @ 28 September 2003 - 11:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-toddiscool@27 September 2003 - 21:44
    Right click, save as.
    Sorted. [/b][/quote]
    well said &#33;&#33;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast