Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Microsoft to give away free antivirus

Qlix's Avatar saving forever BT Rep: +1
    I wouldn't want an antivirus from Microsoft. I don't think it'll be good. And heck, we're pirates, we get everything for free anyway.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    I wouldn't want an antivirus from Microsoft. I don't think it'll be good. And heck, we're pirates, we get everything for free anyway.
    You didn't get your PC free though did you?
    [center]

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    You didn't get your PC free though did you?
    The day MS gives away free computers is the day I'll pay for an OS
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Problem is unless they integrate it into the OS (which they cant do in the EU) it just wont kick off. Its the whole IE over FF and Windows over Linux argument all over again. Those that are not computer literate as such will stick with what they know for the most part, whether it be IE, Windows Or media player. Ive instructed many users on better applications for surfing, protection and media players to name but a few topics but they always revert back to what they know very quickly.

We will stick to what we like and know works. I use NOD32 and ive only ever had 1 virus on this machine in the 3 or 4 years ive had it. And that single virus was my own fault as i added my sandbox app to the exception list then forgot to confine my virus to the sandbox terminal.

Then the uneducated will just stick with that one product that they pay stupid amounts of money for, that one product that needs a computer format to completely wipe all traces of it, that one product whose name makes us all cringe when we hear it.... Norton!!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    And Mcafee.
    [center]

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Its probably just a scheme to search for anti-wga stuff anyway.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    vegasx's Avatar Poker Enthusiastic
    It seems very suspicious...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    interesting post...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12