Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Fourth Estate...

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Oh, bullshit.

The President is going to talk about health care and you don't think the media should cover it?
    Where is the "co-opting"?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Oh, bullshit.

The President is going to talk about health care and you don't think the media should cover it?
    Where is the "co-opting"?
    Where is the co-opting?

Where are the other TV news outlets?

Or, on the planet Obamatron, does ABC sufficiently constitute "the media" to excuse any opposing viewpoints?

ABC asserts "Like any programs we broadcast, ABC News will have complete editorial control. To suggest otherwise is quite unfair to both our journalists and our audience..."

The first part shouldn't be construed as requiring any other than a normal, healthy suspicion to stink of fish, and the second part is so totally meaningless as to defy any conceivable context, much less the one presented.

Where has your paranoia gone, sir?

Failing to question government actions out of the comfort of having changed parties and nothing more?

You've bought it, lock stock and barrel, eh?

Has he done anything you're willing to question, anything at all.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    I suspect this has less to do with your fear for the independence of the media- after all, you recently stated that every news organization (save that shining beacon, Fox, naturally) is little more than a gaggle of Leftie sock puppets- and more about ABC's refusal to let Republicans insert their bloviators into the presentation.

Gee, that's tough.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    I suspect this has less to do with your fear for the independence of the media- after all, you recently stated that every news organization (save that shining beacon, Fox, naturally) is little more than a gaggle of Leftie sock puppets- and more about ABC's refusal to let Republicans insert their bloviators into the presentation.

Gee, that's tough.
    Here's a question, then:

Do you suppose you'd have had a problem with FOX setting up office in the White House.

Now, how's about if that had happened with Bush and...ABC?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    I suspect that Hannity, Beck and O'Reilly would all suffer conniption fits within a week.

So yeah, I'm all for it.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Here's a question, then:

Do you suppose you'd have had a problem with FOX setting up office in the White House.

I think that's an unfair question to ask as fox has never and would never do that.

[youtube]S5gNOete1mo[/youtube]

[youtube]dVy3VRLU2Js[/youtube]

Didn't Scott McClellan state that they used Fox to put out their talking points?

Do the Hannity or Hume exclusive interviews with Cheney count?

All the major press agencies has a reporter INSIDE the White House every day.

I have to say mind that it would be nice if just one of them actually did the job they were supposed to and report facts instead of opinion and myth.

I can't remember the last time an administration was tackled properly, especially on policy.

Now talk about blowjobs and they bark like they have a pair.
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 06-18-2009 at 01:29 AM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    I suspect that Hannity, Beck and O'Reilly would all suffer conniption fits within a week.

So yeah, I'm all for it.
    My question was to you.

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12