Thread: Best search engine for BDR and Flac

Rockin to the beat BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    What is the best Usenet search engine for BDR and/or FLAC
    Thanks

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    newzbin
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    agree, but is pay site

nzbmatrix is more fast in 0day content or

http://www.binsearch.info/

http://www.newzleech.com/

http://www.bintube.com/

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    any search site will give you the same results...you probably mean which groups would be best suited....but then again, some people post into whatever group they feel like at the time...
    [center]

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    rippinitup4fun's Avatar alt.binaries.*
    Yup newzbin is great for Flac. At time of posting they are indexing under "Report" (verified and posted by members/editors) View 5,685 albums ripped in losless format and who knows how many under Raw or conditional (similar to binsearch/newzleech/nzbindex) View.

Also this site has a A++ index that is indispensable in any nzb toolkit. But also check out nzbs.org it really is a great site when it comes to movies/tv nzbs and nzbsrus.com is good but also a pay site but does allow I think like 3 or 4 free nzb downloads per day or something.
    Last edited by rippinitup4fun; 06-18-2009 at 02:32 AM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    or take the "file name" and search in a search engine
    [center]

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Oh, the same comments on this.

Both Newzbin AND Nzbmatrix are pay sites, the only difference is that just exactly how much 'access' you get my paying, or not.

But really, even Newzbin costs are so low, you pay what, one can of Coke per MONTH for full access? And Nzbmatrix is a $10/one shot? Oh, the burden is cracking my wallet!

Yes, you can find pretty much find exactly (in fact, probably more since they use automated collection) on the other sites (like Binsearch and such), but if you're searching for something pretty specific (like FLAC), it's just as good to spend a bit of time maybe d/l'ing the headers in such groups as a.b.ss.lossless, etc. That's what I find on getting movies, the 10 or so groups I monitor I find 'jewels' that the indexing sites routinely miss.

Lately I've been scouring for FLAC myself, but haven't come to any real conclusion, as Newzbin has amply filled my d/l'ing bandwidth.

I don't know what you mean by 'BDR'... maybe you meant BRD as in Blu-Ray disc? But the same would apply to that. I think that whether it is a site that manually filters, auto-filters, or a combination, I've found over the years they all tend to miss stuff. So again, I'm 'old school' and do headers on selected groups.

You may find after a bit that you'll do the same after you figure what groups has the stuff you're looking for, and you find that idexing sites a/b/c/d missed something that site e somehow found. Or the reverse. Theres nothing like that computer sitting on your shoulders.

And oh, I forgot about something I was reminded of just now; FLAC isn't the only lossless format out there, APE was very popular a couple of years ago (was promoted by 'MediaMonkey'), and there is Apple Lossless, among others. There are converter programs that will change most of them into FLAC.
    Last edited by Beck38; 06-18-2009 at 08:07 PM.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    The easiest way is to find a "blog" that is all about music or even music pred db, surely Google will find them and then take the file names and just search Usenet, if you looking for some specifically there's no need to pay when a search engine can do it.

FLAC is the "best" or so I've heard, but the majority of releases will be mp3. FLAC's out there....and this is exactly what I mean I just searched FLAC and look at all the results...

http://www.binsearch.info/?q=flac&ma...ge=300&server=

And of course there's always this: #alt.binaries.sounds.lossless on Efnet (there are tons and tons of flac release here, just go to binsearch and browse by group)
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 06-19-2009 at 02:34 AM.
    [center]

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    just keep in mind people....

newzbin keeps indexes of the LARGEST number of groups.

pay for newzbin = more groups = more search results.

the answer is clear.
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Keep in mind SS does teh same thing...and so does the search engines, you click search "in other groups"...
    [center]