Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: infiltrated private trackers to avoid?!?!

thishead's Avatar Member BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6

Question Mark

anyone know of a list of private trackers that have been infiltrated like TL?

if you have been contacted by your isp for downloading torrents off a private tracker could you post the trackers name or abbreviated name? or a url to an appropriate thread for this info... ive been searching for like an hour but havent found any sites or threads

TIA

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    With torrent invite traders and sellers there could be spies on all trackers

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by susiserken View Post
    That's true and people wouldn't know.

But it's pretty simple, really. The harder that it is to get into a certain tracker, the smaller the possibility that's it's been infiltrated. At least that's the general rule.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Louie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    It's a joke?

At least that's the general rule.
    And how did you verified this?

Keep your signature in old sanskrit please.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    It's a joke?

At least that's the general rule.
    And how did you verified this?
    Statistics. Ever heard of it? Some people say they lie, but in general they're good imo.

At least as long as you don't come up with a list of infiltrated trackers, that is.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    b3owulf's Avatar facepalm.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    It's a joke?
    No, it's sad reality.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I doubt that a comprehensive list will come about from this question. Even if it did, it does not mean that the trackers you choose to use are not infiltrated. I think the best option is to stay as far below the radar as possible, but to always be cognizant of the possibility of infiltration.

While trading is rumored to be the method of choice for infiltration, I am skeptical. If you are a member of a tracker and are a good guy, then what's stopping anyone with some intelligence and diligence from getting into the same tracker?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Suppose it gives credence to the higher level trackers. Food for thought, yes, all zero day trackers are predominantly the same in material, but certainly not for security.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    TinkerBell's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Can I ask a simple question. Is the only proof that tl was infiltrated is because it's where the file came from that your isp sent you the letter about. Don't people realize that their isp can or may even have the right because of the patriot act to monitor anything you do. I highly doubt it has anything to do with where it came from to an extent. Isp providers could even block access to these known sites. Because of the little rights we have left they can't yet. A tracker is like a bong you can buy one or use it. But when you use it to smoke dope in knowing that's the only thing you can do with it. It makes it illegal. A big problem that people have is that they jump to conclusions. When that conclusion is likely far from the truth. Unless your actually sending encrypted files your far from safe. That's one thing i never have understood why trackers haven't implemented this. I'd like to hear why people think their transfers are safe. Do you think it's safe because the site is ssl encrypted. lol
    Last edited by TinkerBell; 06-17-2009 at 02:36 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    The Patriot Act has nothing to do with this. The relevant statute is the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Your ISP is under no obligation to spy on you, they simply notify you when copyright holders or their representatives send them a DMCA notice that they found your IP infringing on a copyrighted work.

About your suggestion, encryption or not, transfers over the bt protocol expose your IP or whatever proxy IP you are using. So if the copyright representatives have access to the site, they would have the same access to the encrypted files and the ability to find what works they represent just as easily as you could, therefore negating any encryption.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast