Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: what the best way to clean the inside of your computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Villalltheway View Post
    I actually did the one thing u not supposed to do and just used a vacum cleaner, but got lucky had no problem with it after. But been told best to use a air compressor.
    I have an air compressor at my house, and we have a little attachment on the end like a gun. You pull the trigger and bursts of strong air come out. Great for cleaning laptop fans and little cracks, etc.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    GamesoulMaster's Avatar n00b
    I use both a can of compressed air and a vacuum cleaner. Obviously I don't stick the vacuum hose way in there, but just far enough out to catch the dust being blown around with the compressed air. Nice when you can't take the computer outside (due to weather conditions).

Quote Originally Posted by dr jones View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    1. Try this monitor on another PC.
    2. Try another monitor on this PC.

Whichever one still has the fault.... that's it.
    well i did what you wrote,the problem didn't happen when i put my monitor to another computer or i put my computer to another monitor,what is wrong with my computer

need some pro people help
    Wow guys, great tech help... LOL.

@Dr Jones: This problem you're having... is the screen just going black (but monitor still on with signal), is it going black but losing signal (if your monitor says when it has no signal, which most do), or is it actually shutting off?

Also, how often and how long does this happen?

And how long did you test the other monitor on the computer, and the current monitor on a different computer (basically, did you give it enough time for something to go wrong like it normally does)?

Did you use the same monitor cord for all your testing? If you did use the same cord, try using a different cord to see if that helps. If you didn't use the same cord, test the cord with other combinations of monitors and computers.

Do you have an integrated graphics chip, or a dedicated graphics card? Whichever one you have, try using the other to see if the problem still persists.

Are there any particular times that this happens, or does it seem to be completely random? As in, are you doing anything on the computer when it happens, or maybe some piece of hardware is moving (like the monitor cord, monitor, etc)?
    Last edited by GamesoulMaster; 08-22-2009 at 05:22 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234