Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: safe to share seedboxes?!?!?

hi

im trying to decide which seedbox company to go with and one company offered me a free trial to share with his seedbox.

im just wondering if that is safe in terms of can he doing anything bad toward the trackers im on since we're both sharing the same seedbox?

please let me know!

thanks

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    if you warn the staff in advance, you minimize the probability of something bad happening to you.
    at least that's what i did.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    What are the bad things that can happen? And yea I will notify staff

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Zip's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    The person you share the box with can steal your passkey(s).
    And if he's creative he can do loads of bad things.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    but with passkeys..what can he do? can he get access to my sites? btw he has root access

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    If he steals your passkey he can download torrents from the sites and count the download stats against your account. If he gets banned for cheating or anything else on a site you'll be disabled as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Safe if you know the person you're sharing it with.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    I shared a box with two people, both of whom abused my generosity by downloading tons of torrents even after I asked nicely. So I changed the password and told them the subscription ended.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    im just scared he could somehow get access to my trackers (log in info and pw) is that possible?

also, is there anyway to make sure i'll be safe? ie. by deleting the torrents so my passkey doesn't show?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    If you don't log into your trackers through the box he can't get that stuff. You can't delete the .torrents and seed as well, so that'd be pretty pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast