Laptop, 700mhz, and the Futurama DVD's are region 2, but my

laptop is originally set for the U.S. region. Could it be that

it has to do with the region? Also if anyone owns the Futurama

Season 1 DVD's, US region, do they play good on your

computers? Also what format or procedure would you suggest for

me to get all these episodes on a VHS tape? I just hate that

every time one episode ends it goes back to the menu. I just

want all the episodes to play nonstop. Same beef I have with

the Simpsons series. Thanks for any help.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    umm why would you put them on VHS?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    muchspl2
    kvcd gives better than vcr quailty 2 hours + on a cdr
    also, if you have them on dvd, just rip the vob's with dvd dycrpter
    comes with gordian's knot
    http://gordianknot.sourceforge.net/
    http://gknot.doom9.org

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Why would you use your computer to copy the episodes to a vhs tape??? Why don't you connect your dvd-player to your videorecorder and record all the episodes???

Greetz, D!mensio_x.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by D!mensio_x@26 September 2003 - 12:14
    Why would you use your computer to copy the episodes to a vhs tape??? Why don't you connect your dvd-player to your videorecorder and record all the episodes???

Greetz, D!mensio_x.
    yeah, would be easier that way. However, maybe he only has a dvd-player on his laptop?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    muchspl2
    macrovision prevents that, can just hook up a dvd to a vcr and hit play & record
    he ran it throu a really old vcr, talking top mount very old pre-dvd 10years plus yard sell type
    then it wouldn't have the chip that prevents direct copying, the old vcr doesn't have to even play/record, just pass the video source throu it theb to a good vcr or even svhs
    i did this years back befor i got a copy pretection killer box think it was like 40 bucks

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    yeah, would be easier that way. However, maybe he only has a dvd-player on his laptop?
    Yeah oke, that could be a posibility. I haven't thought about that one, because the standalone dvd-players are so cheap these days, I thought he would own one. But then again, why would he rip the dvd's to his harddrive? Just connect your computer to your vcr, play the dvd's and record them that way....

Greetz, D!mensio_x.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    macrovision prevents that, can just hook up a dvd to a vcr and hit play & record
    he ran it throu a really old vcr, talking top mount very old pre-dvd 10years plus yard sell type
    then it wouldn't have the chip that prevents direct copying, the old vcr doesn't have to even play/record, just pass the video source throu it theb to a good vcr or even svhs
    i did this years back befor i got a copy pretection killer box think it was like 40 bucks
    Well, I use a copy protection killer box also to copy dvd's to vhs, but there are some dvd's that I can copy directly without the box. He just would have to try to know if he can copy the dvd without the box.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by D!mensio_x@26 September 2003 - 13:49

Well, I use a copy protection killer box also to copy dvd's to vhs, but there are some dvd's that I can copy directly without the box. He just would have to try to know if he can copy the dvd without the box.
    other way it to get a dvd that you can hack with firmware upgread, are just by the remote (apex) then play it into vcr

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdhacks

`

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    I think when i was cheap i tried to copy DVD to VHS using my VCR. it worked fine but they picture would fade from light to dark. but only a few DVD's did that i found one that would copy and that was Rush Hour 1.

I have a question for ya. Lets Say i have a movie on VHS and i was to put it on my Computer. what kind of hardware would i need. I know on Apple computer they got hookups so u can hook up ur VideoCamera to your computer. i would like to start putting movies on here but i dont know what i would need to do so if you do let me know..

( i am just curious so please dont get smart with me)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast