Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salvia

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

Surprised/Amazed

I learned about salvia by accident a few months ago by stumbling across a YouTube video. I saw tons of videos with people doing this stuff, but I'd never heard of it a single time. In my younger days I did every drug I could get my mitts on. I popped loads of pills, smoked every drug you can smoke (I thought) and did and saw anything you could imagine, but I never heard of salvia. No biggie but I was curious. Something reminded me of the videos I watched when talking with a friend a few weeks ago and he mentioned that one of our mutual friends had done it a few times so I called him up later and he gave me the skinny. During the conversation I learned that the stuff is actually legal and available at a local head shop.

Since that conversation, I've been half joking about doing it. Well, when I was at work tonight I got a text from a friend saying they went by the shop and scooped up enough salvia for 5 people and we were gonna get wrecked tonight. Long story short, I smoked salvia tonight.

What a fucking trip that shit is. For those of you who don't know what salvia is, it's some sort of derivative of sage and it is very hallucinogenic and the bulk of the "high" only lasts about 4-5 minutes. I didn't find this next part out until after we had smoked it all, but you're supposed to smoke it in stages. It's color coded and you start with green, then yellow, then red. Those are the typical levels or dosages. After that it goes to purple and finally blue. Evidently those are the madman dosages. Each color is a step up in strength and you start with a weaker dosage to see if you feel you can handle the next higher dosage. We had the purple one.

I don't remember a whole lot of what happened but my friends said I was talking about being in a fence or cage made of rainbows. I don't remember that at all. What I do remember was when I began to come back to reality, the room was folding in half and people were standing on the walls. I remember seeing toes in front of me as I was laying on the floor but I was completely convinced that I was leaning on the wall and people were standing on it. It's impossible to describe it, but the best I can do is say that everything you know about gravity, reality, up and down is thrown completely out the window.

The after effects were a bit weird though. It had worn off 95% within 8-10 minutes but we were all as dumb as a sack of rocks for about the next hour. It was nuts to say the least. I can't believe this stuff is legal and pot isn't.

Anyone else smoked salvia before?

yo

2. Lounge   -   #2
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Salvia is like huffing. I prefer peyote.

-bd

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I don't know shit about huffing. Even if I didn't have two nickels to rub together, I was never that desperate to get fucked up.

Whatever its like though, I doubt it was like what I saw tonight.

yo

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    is this what you're talking about?

also, got this interesting article about it http://psychoactiveherbs.com/catalog...articles_id=10
    Last edited by Cabalo; 06-23-2009 at 03:16 PM.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    ^That looks like sage I think.

The link is what I smoked, yes.

"Salvia has much to offer: fascinating psychoactive effects, sensual enhancement, magical journeys, enchantment, apparent time travel, philosophical insights...."
    Last edited by Skiz; 06-23-2009 at 03:39 PM.

yo

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Last edited by Alien5; 06-23-2009 at 07:30 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Salvia is a border plant used in flowerbeds Common as hell in my neck of the woods .There are all sorts of colours ( blue being the most prevalent but I also see a lot of red and white - even come across black )and varieties. Seeing that I'm in the business ( garden not drug) I've planted a ton myself .Never ,ever thought of smoking it though.

Course I've never been tempted to lick a toad either ( Idol wonders who are these people and why do they insist on putting strange things in their mouths?)

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Are you Mexico.

I tried it once, it didn't do shit.
    Last edited by Alien5; 06-23-2009 at 08:23 PM.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I'm not sure how its processed as its probably best I don't know, but it definitely isn't just dried and smoked like pot. The stuff you smoke looks like coffee grounds.

yo

10. Lounge   -   #10
    ask benchez, he knows what plants to smoke from the sacred garden of jah. :-p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast