Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banned from what.cd - Case of mistaken identity

Dry

Hello all,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my what.cd user account. This morning when i went to log in to what.cd i received the message that i had been banned. I had no idea what i could have done so i ventured over to the disabled IRC channel to find out.

The admin on the channel pointed out that I had been trying to 'trade accounts' and quoted "Trading my waffles for your what.cd" to me. This didn't really mean anything and I pointed out that I had both a waffles and a what.cd account so I would have no reason to want to trade anyway. At which point he pointed out that i now only had a waffles account and banned me from the IRC channel.

I did a bit of investigation on google and searched this phrase along with my username (http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Tra...hat.cd+arpeggi) (arpeggi, a popular radiohead song). I found this thread - http://www.zeropaid.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=54790

All I can say is, that this is not me, we simply have the same username on different forums. Infact I hadn't even been to this forum before today.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance,
    arpeggi

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I think thats a typical "jump to conclusions" style moderating from the What staff.They started off that site as a pretty fair and open staff, but I've watched them plummet into absurdity along with the other sites.

It's funny how they can take a (potentially) good users account away for no good reason and turn them into a trader to get back on the site.

yo

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    BANNED BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Not much that can be done. What.cd staff made themselves pretty clear.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    do you know any what.cd admins that might be able to give me the benefit of the doubt? i know what it looks like to them but can't they see that i'd have no motive to swap a waffles account for a what account when i already had one?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Try talking to sexten. https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/sexten-214281
    He's an admin on what.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I'm sent him/her a PM linking back to this thread since you are unable.

yo

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    thanks very much.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    I'm sent him/her a PM linking back to this thread since you are unable.
    Ah, I totally forgot new members can't send PMs.
    Thanks for that Skiz.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Hi I'm going away til monday. I still haven't heard anything so if you are an admin on the site please contact me on so we can sort this out.

Cheers.
    Last edited by therealarpeggi; 04-16-2012 at 11:49 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    well this is just pointless to ban ppl just for have same user name if you gonna ban someone for trading attempt at least you need to have ip adress' or trolling...
    then if someone have same username on tracker and if one of that got global banned what he gonna do, GO to every irc channel and try to explain situation lol i am pretty sure dumb ass staff member dont even listen this banned member(dont offensive to what.cd i heard what.cd staff is pretty kindness and at least giving voice to listening...)
    Also @ if you dont put your hands to lift your a$$ no1 will sent an e-mail lol, go to irc and try out explain situation more clearly ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast