Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Req] Pretome- PTM

Hey guys, I've been looking for a PTM invite for a while now, and I've had no such luck. Does anyone have an invite that they would be kind enough to spare?

I feel like it would be a great place for me as I've heard that it isn't too hard to seed back...

Thanks!

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    it's not hard to seedback at all. it's ratioless.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    You offered to trade a TL invite here: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...te-here-356384

That was 3 days ago. I don't believe you have "seen the error of your ways".

Maybe someone else will overlook that, but not me.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    You offered to trade a TL invite here: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...te-here-356384

That was 3 days ago. I don't believe you have "seen the error of your ways".

Maybe someone else will overlook that, but not me.
    I apologize sir. I honestly didn't realize my error until now.

May I suggest someone change the forum title ? Or is it there on purpose to trick people??? ...

W/E, I can't believe I haven't noticed that until now.

For all the insight you have given me, thank you, megabyteme. Maybe my mistake can prove to be an example for others out there.
    Last edited by JakeusZ; 06-25-2009 at 01:44 AM.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    At least I got a chuckle out of your response. Thanks for that.

And yes, you can trade -but it will eliminate a very large portion of the people around here who would give you an invite. After all, why would we want to help you out if you are just going to turn around and offer it to someone else with our name attached (as the one who gave it to you).

Best of luck to you!

BTW- If you are sincere about not knowing that people dislike traders, it might be a good idea to close that other thread and explain that you did not realize that it could be a problem and that you are no longer interested in trading. People do look at your post history- like I did.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 06-25-2009 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Added last paragraph
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    Thanks again. I did as you advised; hopefully it won't be a problem in the future.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    PM me with your email address. I'll give you the invite to PTM. I just ask that you follow the site rules (although they don't keep track of ratios, they don't like hit and runs) and not trade the account. If you find that you don't like it at some point, just ask that it be closed.

I hope you enjoy the site.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    pharaoh's Avatar King of the Desert BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    We all get screwed up sometimes on what's right and wrong. I even thought trading was right once. I've even got really drunk and made some very dumbass posts here myself. It only matters that we learn from these errors and that makes us a better person. Props to you megabyteme for giving a guy another chance.
    Last edited by pharaoh; 06-27-2009 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    Thanks, pharaoh. It was kinda odd, but I got a PM from JakeusZ the next day. He said that someone else had hooked him up. I am still willing to give him the invite.

I am fairly new here- I read a lot of the previous threads to get an idea of what the community finds acceptable and what is generally an ethical violation. There seems to be very little to no tolerance for people who trade. And I agree with that whole-heartedly. At the core of the idea is the fact that site owners deserve respect in their house. Trading violates that.

The issue that I have been questioning a lot lately is the notion of redemption. At what point can someone be forgiven, or prove themselves worthy of trust? It is a hard one and a decision that we all look at differently.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    pharaoh's Avatar King of the Desert BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Yes I'll likely never get redemption for some things I've done or said here. But you must be careful also giving away invites to certain trackers is a violation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast