Thread: Blocknews 200 gigs for 25 bucks, and other packages!

Poster
    By now it seems everyone is just trying to up the other, but I guess in the end we all win! Never the less, to one up Astraweb and I guess all other block account providers, all the prices at Blocknews have changed. 200 Gigs for $25 is the biggest deal I saw which trumps Astraweb now, but there other prices do not seem to bad either. Usenetnews is the only other block provider I know of so that is what I am basing my thoughts off of. It seems they split off there unlimited accounts to Usenetnow. I think if you can make 200 gigs last for 2-3 months, the block route may be a better deal than an unlimited account, but this of course depends on your usage habits. I have had nothing but good luck with my Usenetnow account so if they are the same, service wise, those who use less traffic can get a real good deal.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    delete
    Last edited by freeinvites; 05-16-2010 at 07:45 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Poster
    Support wise they are great! I can say that from personal experience (available on weekends and stuff). I had 5 gigabytes left on my account there when they transferred the service, works like it should. Price wise they did not use to be very competitive, but with the new prices, I think they have rocketed to the top. I use there unlimited service now (usenetnow), but will probably switch over to this deal due to my download amounts, but either way I think it is safe for me to say I will be using them in one way or another, unlimited or block. I think you will see more people comment on them once the prices really get around the inter-webs!

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    newsgroupie
    Blocknews was always high priced before, and until now seemed to be moving away from block accounts (putting blocks at the bottom of their pricelist page under all the pay-by-month accounts)

But with their new lower block prices, Blocknews.net now appars to be the cheapest block account provider, undercutting Usenet-News.net across the board.

I suspect that unlike Usenet-news, Blocknews does not offer 24/7 tech support, since there is no mention of support hours on their website.