Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Lyndon Larouche

BANNED
    Originally posted by j2k4@29 September 2003 - 22:49
    On a serious note, Billy-

This tactic you accuse JPaul of has been used by yourself and EBP on many occasions in an attempt to batter others.

It now seems you find it as tiresome as the rest of us.

As most of us who disagree with you have suffered the ignominy of being accused of having views/prejudices we do not hold (by yourself and EBP) we know whereof we speak, and if polled, would, I'm sure, agree.

EBP took affront when I accused him of wishing the Israeli nation be "wiped out"; I quoted his leading phrase-he then chose to argue semantics.

It can, regretfully, be an effective tactic-though it can never [be] justified in an honest debate or disagreement.

Foregoing such tactics has the effect, though, of removing a "seasoning" from the process that some can't do without.
    I've learned a lot on this forum j2, not least from you. You first showed me how to avoid answering questions by, firstly, correcting grammar or spelling mistakes, then a gradual descent into personal ridicule of your adversary. If I'm the master, I bow to the feet of my guru. I've yet to try your dummy spit tactic, where you do a complete backflip, followed by a "so what!", but I'll keep it in mind.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@29 September 2003 - 05:32
    I think you've finally blown it JP, you're a liar and a bullshitter, you deliberately misquote and mislead.  You've got a bee in your bonnet over your inability to justify your extreme catholic views.  Well fire away, you're doing a better job of ridiculing yourself than I can ever do.

All right then.

We are to overlook the fact of Billy's having called JPaul a "liar and a bullshitter" and accusing him of holding "extreme catholic views".

Nothing misleading, insulting or over-the-top there.

These are what is known to Billy as "TACTICS OF DEBATE", and as such are for his exclusive use.

Others using these tactics are guilty of using "insult" and engaging in "personal attacks", not to mention (probably) patent infringement into the bargain.

I don't believe I tought you this, Billy.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    Poster
    I await an example of these extreme catholic views I am said to have.

Unless of course it is just deflection, to make us talk about something other than his previous, here and in other threads but I think I said that already.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    This has turned into nothing but a personal flaming thread.

If Billy_Dean ever does give a page from the UK GSI, i'll look the bloody thing up....but i doubt he ever will.....

This thread, for obvious reasons is now closed.

I'll re-open it at the request of any of the "combatents"....and move it to the lounge at the same time.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345