Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey What Should The Tempture For A Pc

Eatchipz's Avatar Poster
    Read Topic ^^^^

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    depending on type of cpu and clock speed/model of cpu, anything under 45 degrees or so is good for the cpu
    approx 25-30 for motherboard, depending on atmospheric conditions
    about the same for case temps
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i&#39;m getting 26 C for case temp, 34 for mainboard, 37 for cpu 1 and 28 for hd

is that normal? is it 2 cold?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    seems very cool 2 me&#33; is ur room cold? nothing 2 worry bout though&#33;

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@28 September 2003 - 20:54
    i&#39;m getting 26 C for case temp, 34 for mainboard, 37 for cpu 1 and 28 for hd

is that normal? is it 2 cold?
    there isn&#39;t really such a thing as &#39;too cold&#39; for a cpu...liquid cooling kits usually get temps for cpu down to less than 0 celsius

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    only refrigerated ones go below room temp, as long as you haven&#39;t got one of them you can&#39;t cool the chip too much. 28 for your hard drive is almost certainly wrong, if you put your hand near your hard drive you wil probably feel the heat radiating off it

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@28 September 2003 - 14:43
    ...liquid cooling kits usually get temps for cpu down to less than 0 celsius
    Not any liquid cooling kits that I&#39;ve heard of.
    A radiator based system is hard pressed to exchange heat even approaching ambient (room) temp. Most systems place the radiator inside the case, which makes the problem even worse.
    You need an active system (refrigeration, Peltier, or the like) to even approach 0 celsius.

[I]Edit: ilw, my HD consistently runs at between 18-21 C. It has a twin fan cooler mounted to it and a separate 80mm case fan to blow outside air into the enclosure.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by clocker@28 September 2003 - 21:56
    Not any liquid cooling kits that I&#39;ve heard of.
    A radiator based system is hard pressed to exchange heat even approaching ambient (room) temp. Most systems place the radiator inside the case, which makes the problem even worse.
    You need an active system (refrigeration, Peltier, or the like) to even approach 0 celsius.

[I]Edit: ilw, my HD consistently runs at between 18-21 C. It has a twin fan cooler mounted to it and a separate 80mm case fan to blow outside air into the enclosure.
    liquid nitrogen...

also, it must be pretty cold in your room to get temps down to 18 degrees for hdd...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by clocker@28 September 2003 - 22:56
    Edit: ilw, my HD consistently runs at between 18-21 C. It has a twin fan cooler mounted to it and a separate 80mm case fan to blow outside air into the enclosure.
    lol well yeah maybe then it&#39;ll drop quite a bit in temp , though 21C is roomtemp ( unless you are perchance an innuit?) so i&#39;d say thats probably a bit of an underestimate but i doubt Abu&#39;s is sitting pretty at 28C

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by ilw@28 September 2003 - 15:10

lol well yeah maybe then it&#39;ll drop quite a bit in temp , though 21C is roomtemp ( unless you are perchance an innuit?) so i&#39;d say thats probably a bit of an underestimate but i doubt Abu&#39;s is sitting pretty at 28C

Harddrive temp is second from the left...

I&#39;d like to get my chip temp down, I&#39;m currently using the stock AMD heatsink/fan on my Athalon 2600+. Maybe Somebody&#39;s 80mm fan conversion shroud...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast