Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Slow Death of P2P and Creative Destruction

Quote Originally Posted by stopher54 View Post
    I'm saying that it might be around for another three or four years before it gets phased out by a better service. What we are seeing is the beginning of the end, and the start of newer and better innovations.
    seeing 1 major public tracker go down and assuming it's the beginning of the end for all torrenting and that something will replace it is a huge leap and logically makes no sense. if theres a clear and steady trend of this happening 2-3 years from now then you might be able to make your argument but atm it's far too early to know what, if anything, will come and take the place of torrents.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Like someone meantioned, the thread title is misleading. P2P will not die, not even slowly.

Second, BT will never die out completely. It will probably be something used amongst friends eventually (something like I hear revolt is doing, that's bound to last for a very long time).

Third, I'd give BT more than 3-4 years. But, yes, I agree a new, better filesharing method will emerge eventually and a big migration of users will occur then.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123