Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Ethnicity in the BT world

Floydian's Avatar Metaller BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by patiesmiz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    It also seems that all blacks like chicken, all asians are good in maths, and all whites party but needless to say that is false.

Seriously, since whey did language, a mere mean of communication, effect on how people behave? I speak 3 different intl. languages, and half a dozen dialects (no kidding) and from what I notice they are pretty much the same. They all seem to have similar grammar , sentence structure, and stuff like. So i have no clue how it could have an impact on how people behave on the interwebz.

Majority of the filesharing traffic comes from countries such as US, UK, and several other eastern countries and because filesharing is illegal in those countries i conclude they are all immoral, menthol law breakers lolwhat.

Quote Originally Posted by stopher54 View Post
    Is it because people from these areas of the world are more likely to leave morals at the door when on the internet?
    What exactly is so called "morals"? Who defines it? So called "English speaking people" or "non-English speaking people"? Girls wearing miniskirts is porlly not immoral to you but there are severals that see it as one. Like wise, gay relationship, cousin marriage, untouchability and castism is prolly immoral to you but there is a whole world to whom it is not immoral.

Similarly who gets to define trading is moral or immoral? The "English speaking" tracker i suppose.

No offense like, but all i see in your post is this.
    "I couldn't agree more
    +1

I live in Brazil. My country is banned in a few pvt trackers (TorrentBytes, Scenesound...) because they say there are too many cheaters here, and I agree.

The problem is, getting a good internet connection here is VERY expensive. Just so you know, our minimum wage is about 220usd. My adsl is 4mbit/400k, it costs about 80usd/month, and I share it with my brother and my sister (each one of us has a pc). Can you imagine how hard it is to mantain a good ratio using this speed and sharing with 3 people? So, to solve the problem, I start using seedboxes.

That's why there are so many cheaters in Brazil. People usually download fast and upload at very low speed rates, so they cheat to maintain the ratio. It has absolutely nothing to do with non english speaking countries.

About the bargaining issue in some countries, I can't even remotely think that has anything to do with the "problem"...

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Floydian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by patiesmiz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    It also seems that all blacks like chicken, all asians are good in maths, and all whites party but needless to say that is false.

Seriously, since whey did language, a mere mean of communication, effect on how people behave? I speak 3 different intl. languages, and half a dozen dialects (no kidding) and from what I notice they are pretty much the same. They all seem to have similar grammar , sentence structure, and stuff like. So i have no clue how it could have an impact on how people behave on the interwebz.

Majority of the filesharing traffic comes from countries such as US, UK, and several other eastern countries and because filesharing is illegal in those countries i conclude they are all immoral, menthol law breakers lolwhat.

What exactly is so called "morals"? Who defines it? So called "English speaking people" or "non-English speaking people"? Girls wearing miniskirts is porlly not immoral to you but there are severals that see it as one. Like wise, gay relationship, cousin marriage, untouchability and castism is prolly immoral to you but there is a whole world to whom it is not immoral.

Similarly who gets to define trading is moral or immoral? The "English speaking" tracker i suppose.

No offense like, but all i see in your post is this.
    "I couldn't agree more
    +1

I live in Brazil. My country is banned in a few pvt trackers (TorrentBytes, Scenesound...) because they say there are too many cheaters here, and I agree.

The problem is, getting a good internet connection here is VERY expensive. Just so you know, our minimum wage is about 220usd. My adsl is 4mbit/400k, it costs about 80usd/month, and I share it with my brother and my sister (each one of us has a pc). Can you imagine how hard it is to mantain a good ratio using this speed and sharing with 3 people? So, to solve the problem, I start using seedboxes.

That's why there are so many cheaters in Brazil. People usually download fast and upload at very low speed rates, so they cheat to maintain the ratio. It has absolutely nothing to do with non english speaking countries.

About the bargaining issue in some countries, I can't even remotely think that has anything to do with the "problem"...
    Linking low bandwidth to cheat is not necessarily true. In my country a 4mb/400kb line does not even exist for home connection. I use a 520kb/250kb pack and can still have good ratio in tracker that have NO FRELEECH or seeding bonus. Having said that, I prefer trackers that have seeding bonus and I just seed until my PS burn off.

I think the answer to why a large group of people from a particular country cheat, is more complex than just slow line or bargaining 'culture' or language problem or even all of the above reasons. And I do not know the answer.
    Last edited by TP635; 07-13-2009 at 03:42 AM.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    manu1991's Avatar Ancient Philospher BT Rep: +3
    Maybe because in these countries using public trackers is commonplace , since there isnt any RIAA/MPAA lurking , so after using public trackers for so long , they expect the same from private trackers (only leeching) . In countries like the US/UK etc. , people have been forced to migrate to private trackers for a long time and hence maybe are better adjusted to private tracker rules

P.S. - Ok , this sounds a bit stupid

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    patiesmiz's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by manu1991 View Post
    Maybe because in these countries using public trackers is commonplace , since there isnt any RIAA/MPAA lurking , so after using public trackers for so long , they expect the same from private trackers (only leeching) .

That could be a reason. To share copyrighted stuff for personal use is a totally legal activity in my country (Spain) but, on the other hand, private Spanish sites have a very high ratio requirements and ratio cheaters are not tolerated, plus never heard of any private tracker where Spain is banned.
    But most ppl here use public trackers where there are no punishment for having a low ratio.
    We usually use public trackers here and most ppl, after joining private sites, tend to get disapointed because of the ratio rules and because public trackers have much more content, torrents are much more active and old torrents last much longer, plain and simple.

Honestly, I don't have any idea about why there are more cheaters on some countries, and dunno if that is like that or not since can't figure out how that can be contabilized.

Personally I have heard of cheaters from many countries, the USA and the UK included. And I guess that the reason is that to be or not to be a cheater -in general terms- has nothing to do with the nationality.
    Last edited by patiesmiz; 07-13-2009 at 05:59 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345