Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: GFT Invite Needed

Quote Originally Posted by AMnesko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 0wnage View Post
    BTW, BarryWhite is in the clear...ScT states they don't check FST very often for "violations." That's exactly why I didn't blame him without proof...there are coincidences in life.
    No shit... how could you even think that? The guy invites you to GFT and then you somehow connect him to some incident that occurred to you just because? That`s disrespectful man, very disrespectful. I mean, WTF?
    Sounds like someone is trying to suck up to Barry to get his GFT thread noticed

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #42
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    What site did you post that screenie?
    pm me if you aren't comfortable posting it in public.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #43
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by psychoactive View Post
    No shit... how could you even think that? The guy invites you to GFT and then you somehow connect him to some incident that occurred to you just because? That`s disrespectful man, very disrespectful. I mean, WTF?
    Sounds like someone is trying to suck up to Barry to get his GFT thread noticed
    all in a days work!

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #44
    Crack Whore
    BTW, BarryWhite is in the clear...ScT states they don't check FST very often for "violations." That's exactly why I didn't blame him without proof...there are coincidences in life.
    How could I even think that? Seriously? I send him a pm and the next thing I know, my account on ScT is disabled. That doesn't strike you as quite the coincidence? On top of all that, the last thing a staff member told me on ScT was to enjoy GFT. Come on now, give me a break...you can't see where I am coming from here?!?!

As I said already, I was just stating how everything went down. End of story. It doesn't make a difference any more. ScT could care less what I have to say, and they sure don't care that they disabled me for violating an unwritten rule.

In the end, I am on GFT and am very happy about it. It seems like a great community and I thank BarryWhite again for the invite.

Will a Mod please lock this thread? Thanks.
    Last edited by 0wnage; 08-04-2009 at 06:21 PM.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #45
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Regardless of what happened i think you deserve an explanation.Trackers are known to share information amongst themselves but i think its a little irresponsible for a site to give out member information without checking the legitimacy of the reasons behind the request.scT won't be assed to read this thread but i think they'll listen if B asks them to give you your account back and imho that would be the right thing to do.Its obvious that GFT has everything to do with this and as much as B might not have been responsible i think he should bear some responsibility as he's the one who made staff whoever told on you.You clearly don't deserve this.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #46
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    It could be something as simple as someone seeing your earlier post (from the poll awhile back) that you have (had) a ScT account and they matched your user name- maybe somebody at ScT did see your public post. Maybe they decided to mess with you because you beat the odds. Gotta admit, from a sadistic POV it's kinda funny...

Did you use the same name on this site as you did on Sct?

I don't know BW and have never been on the site, but I really doubt it was him. The site has a good reputation- if he was the type to do that, people would know about it. I have burnt myself many, many times by "putting together the info I had".

I think you have handled a very frustrating situation with class, 0wnage.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #47
    tippertime's Avatar Your E-Stalker BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    while a specific rule about posting your stats isn't against the rules...i'm sure it is against the rules to do anything the publicizes the site in public

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #48
    Crack Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I think you have handled a very frustrating situation with class, 0wnage.
    Thanks man, I tried really hard to do so. Its very difficult though when ScT staff doesn't even want to give me the time of day. I asked them to show me the rule I violated, but they can't because it doesn't exist. They just kicked me from the channel and ignored me.

Clearly, there is nothing I can do about it other than move on at this point. What can you do...

Quote Originally Posted by tippertime View Post
    while a specific rule about posting your stats isn't against the rules...i'm sure it is against the rules to do anything the publicizes the site in public
    Perhaps, I don't really know. I didn't think I was publicizing it anymore than what is already done here on FST, but who knows. There used to be screen shots showing recent torrents, etc. on here, but I see that they have been recently removed.
    Last edited by 0wnage; 08-04-2009 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #49
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Clearly, there is nothing I can do about it other than move on at this point. What can you do...
    There really is nothing wrong with holding your head up and moving on. Given the choice between the two, I think you ended up on a better tracker with a better community. It's not like there is a shortage of 0-day trackers...

BTW, if you want the thread closed you can use "Thread Tools" on the right-hand side, towards the top of the page.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #50
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    If I were you I would talk to Feeling myself and ask why your account was disabled since you didn't break any rules(at least from what you said...I dunno if its true or not). I just checked the rules and there is nothing there about posting your own SCT information if that was the reason they stated. If another person from staff asks you if they can help you just say you need to speak with Feeling.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast