Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homeworld 2

Poster
    Need help with playing homeworld two .

What unit, module, facility or whatever (lol) should i build so I can increase the no. of units I can have at one time?? Like I can build a max. of 5 scout squadrons, 5 bomb squads and 4 interceptors if I start a new skirmish game against CPU. I can't figure out what to build to increase this no. of units...it's like building farms for humans in wc3 to build more units...

help appreciated.
    me = noob.

2. Games   -   #2
    Octopussy
    i know same here.... i wanted to make a big @$$ army lol but it said cant build no more so i got mad

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    damned i'm constipated at mission 3...fuk those bloody carriers are coming in bigtime with their bloody frigates. Dispatched my entire army to blow the faciliteis up then their bloody reinforcements with all the lil infiltrators come in and keep blowing all my marine frigates up...man this mission is friggin tough...

esp when you get 2 marine frigates in the shipyard in the final minute.........then it still self-destructs...u get fkn pissed.

4. Games   -   #4
    Octopussy
    may i suggest cheats lol

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    It looks like it is almost like starcraft, try using the cheat 'food for thought'

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    They don't have cheats available for the game, and even if you do get a trainer, all it does for now is add resources to unlimited, and even then, the enmy gets unlimited resources as well....

i'm still stuck at mission 3 thinking of a possible strategy that would work for me .

7. Games   -   #7
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    I hate homeworld 2, i thought I could tolerate it but the camera is too jerky, and by the time youve swung it round half your fleet has dissapeared, the focus key is a far too clunky way of looking at your units, you shoul be able to use the arrow keys to freely move around like another ship, and the AI is bastard hard as well, the most frustrating game I have ever played

It would be good if I got into it, but im about to delete it and use the free space for halo

8. Games   -   #8
    I think the game is excellent. Very tough but the game would suck if it was beatable to easily.
    you shoul be able to use the arrow keys to freely move around like another ship
    You can just pan around the screen to focus on units nearby. Or even easier, assign numbers to key ships.
    -TiMz

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    Never played homeworld before but I enjoying homeworld 2 a lot. I prefer this sort of RTS to the typical racial conflicts between orcs and humans and ... whatnot.
    Omg, I definitely love the graphics, and the setting is great. Yes, no more land to build your ugly buildings on, just space ports, sw33t, imo. I'm playing @ 1024x768 resolution on my pretty crap gf4 mx 440 and I still think the graphics are great. Esp, when you zoom in on a unit and watch em fight.

The whole thing's a bit more complex than other RTS which you can get use to in a day or two. Coz of the 3d navigation and the dodgy rotation as someone above has said, gameplay is actually quite tough...i hate to play in sensor mode, but unless I get used to 3d space movmeent, i think i'll have to own in sensor mode.

You know that the space button makes it easier for u to naviagte coz u dun haf restrictions in viewing the entire area you are in. Press space and you are set, unless you need to select, eg a frigate facility on a carrier to destroy, then it gets annyoing coz u haf to select the enemy which are basically pathetic dots in sensor mode then press "F" to focus then, have to go back to norminal mode then start attacking...well at least that's what I do...

Been playign for the past 2 days and I just got past mission 3 after 5 hrs of fun, fun, fun!! I'm gonna get Halo soon, but till then i'll be playing hw2 with half my time on gamefaqs lol.

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by Timz@30 September 2003 - 12:24
    I think the game is excellent. Very tough but the game would suck if it was beatable to easily.
    you shoul be able to use the arrow keys to freely move around like another ship
    You can just pan around the screen to focus on units nearby. Or even easier, assign numbers to key ships.
    you only can assign squads to a max of 10 hotkeys, not very helpful when you have bloody assault fighters all over the place and you only have bombbers left to deal against them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast